1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tobin flip blade for skidsteer.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Jan 25, 2011.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats pretty cool. I think it would be best for snow removal. It looks kinda weak for dirt work.
  3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I wonder if they make them any bigger?
  4. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Looks cool but kinda reminds me of the hiniker C plow.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Its a neat concept but it doesn't seem tall enough to really be effective pushing snow, a lot was coming over the blade
  6. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

be great if you had to pull snow out of parking spaces....other than that i think kind of a waste of $$$

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I've seen them before, I thought someone on here was buddies with the guy who made it. Might have been another site
  8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Pretty awesome I think, the third video really shows its versatility! Cut a trench, pick out saplings / small trees, even works like a backhoe for dredging or widening trenches, pretty freaking sweet! Great all around tool! I didn't think it looked weak for the dirt work?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I thought that too.
  10. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

if it were bigger it would be more effective i think.
  11. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

12. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Looks nice but not sure how much more of an advantage it is compared to a skid with a conventional plow with down pressure that can be applied by tilting the angle of the quick tack. If the plow had side panels on it, when it is rotated for back dragging it will hold more snow. Just a thought
  13. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Xactly, with a skid and standard plow why would you need something like this? You can put slight downpressure and achieve the same results, on a truck it makes sense like the c plow
  14. DavCut

DavCut Member

I wonder if you could "Kage it"...
  15. WIPensFan

The difference is that when backdragging with a conventional plow the curve is wrong so you will spill more to the sides, especially on heavy snow. With this flip blade your pulling and rolling snow. You could windrow backwards. Says on the website they offer it in 7'&8' lengths. Also going to start offering trip edges. I think they are on there way to offering the ultimate skidsteer plow. IMO they are close. Be nice if it was 9' or 10' length.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  16. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

looks interesting, blade looks short
  17. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

I see your point.
  18. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking the same thing.
  19. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

but how long of a push/pull would you be realistically doing this for?

i understand the mold board helps to keep snow back there but you would only be pulling out short passes thereby almost negating the effect the moldboard has. especially since with a standard plow just raise the lift arms while tilting the plow forward, this should give you more capacity under the a frame.

i dunno, just pointing something out, i dont have anything against them whatsoever.
  20. WIPensFan

No, I understand. I'm not trying to sell them or anything.
    All I'm saying is a plow is meant to work it's best when going forward, the flip blade makes that possible wether you're pushing forwards or pulling backwards.
    Another neat thing was how it was able to "tilt" and stay level when he had 2 wheels up on the sidewalk and 2 wheels down on the pavement. I have one sidewalk like that where I wish the truck plow would do that. Would save some snowblowing.