1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toatled

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Oct 15, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

lady turned left infront of me today, i had a green light. i spent half the day in the hospital.

i was a block and 1/2 from work too, hows that for ironic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

It looks fixable ? what were the damages to yourself?

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you won! haha Good your ok though.:waving:

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You've got to be kidding me!!! Glad you ok '91.

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Didnt you just get that truck this summer?

6. 91AK250

left frame horn is bent over about 4-6" the whole front end is cocked about 4-5" pass side door doesnt open. core support, radiatior, fan...plus all the time..ect i'm sure being a 10 year old truck its a gonner.

myself, alot of swelling and pain. the seatbelt locked and man it hurt but kept me from going through the windsheild.

the est will be done mon - wed i have the truck at my house. i'll know more then. i'm going to look at a new one tomorrow just incase.

yes, i bought this excursion augest 1st

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

If you think you're sore now wait until tomorrow. You're really going to feel like you were smacked around!

Glad you walked away though...

8. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Glad you're ok, that's why you drive a big truck though right!?

9. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

That sucks glad your ok.

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

amen to that! glad your ok man

11. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

its good that your ok how was she? that had to hurt a lot worse for her

12. 91AK250

she was perfectly fine, all her airbags went off front and side. i asked the insurance lady and she was just shooken up. walked away. my airbags did not go off and i actually had some injurys weird eh? but the seatbelt saved me..just made me sore.

i'm just really sore, idk what tomorrow will bring. i'm just going to follow doc orders and take it easy. allthough i may go look at another excursion tomorrow http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/2004375796.html

i'll update as things go along, luckly i was able to get my explorer all registered and such so i have somthing else to drive. i guess i coulda drove the f-250 but i'd rather use my explorer.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to say, she probably felt a lot better than you. Uni body cars absorb the impact (the reason her car is crushed and she wasn't) and full frame vehicles transfer the impact to the occupants but don't "look" damaged in comparison. Crazy what technology can do.

Glad you are ok, could've been much worse. I hope you have a speedy recovery and find a nice truck replacement.

14. 91AK250

i wont know if they will repair it or total till next week, i really dont know what i want more right now as i really have grown to love the truck.

yeah i think all her airbags really helped her, allthough i really didnt think or feel that much of an impact.

i was very glad i was in my excursion verses my explorer!

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to haer that. That realy sucks. I'm glad you are ok though.

16. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm Glad your ok man. Keep in mind, those air bags can hurt like a b*tch, usually the day after is when they start to really feel it. She'll regret ever pulling out in front of that beast, that's for sure.

I don't see them totaling that truck. If you look at the horn and then again at the rear of the fender walls, you'll see the crinkle zones, that is most likely what has caused the nose to shift, more or less. Their great for absorbing a front end impact, but they also make it easier to shift the whole box. Even with the core support, fender walls, radiator, headlight bezels, grill, trans. cooler (?), as well as a few other trinkets being replaced after an hour or so of pulling.....I've repaired alot worse in less then a week (disassemble to buff). It really all depends on the year and millage, but those Excursions are worth some dough. If I were you, I would be shopping body shops, not new trucks. The other thing to watch for is if the shops are quoting used or new parts, and then make sure they use NEW parts. Stupid stuff like bezels, bumper brackets and so on are not a big deal, but when you get into radiators and what not...don't let them give you a headache down the road. The other thing body shops are famous for is quoting new....then using used after the insurance company gives the go ahead for new.

Best of luck to you man, sometimes the initial accident is nothing in comparison to the after math.

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Bummer, dude. Glad you're ok though. She was probably on her cell phone or doing her make up. People are so friggin oblivious to anything around them.

18. 91AK250

you may be right, i got the hood open and it isnt as bad as i thought. plus i dont mind if they use some used parts. like header panal,core support, bumper solong as they are all in good shape. but ofcourse i want new radiator,coolers..ect

heres some pics after i went out an got the hood open.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Glad your o.k. About a week ago I was stopped at a traffic light and a lady went by me brushing her teeth i could not believe it I am still shocked.

20. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

It's an 11 year old truck, in Excellent condition it's worth $7500ish with a gasser at125K miles.That looks like it could easily be $3500 in damage, if itheres any machanicals damaged it's more I'd suspect and 50% ussually the number for totaling an vehicle valued under 10K....At least here.