1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To you with rear plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RYDER, Jan 12, 2008.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I am thinking of getting a rear plow, But I have seen some with power angle. Does anyone use this option much? And in what areas do you use this option?:)payup

2. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

back blades are a must...if you are talking about the 16footers ebling and sons makes them, jon geer you can find him on here makes the swing wing....and b&b trucking makes them also...hope that helps you out

3. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

OK, But I am talking about Snowman have a power angle. I am not shure if I should be lookung it one with powerangle.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't really seem like angling is worth it. How much of an angle do you get? Is it good enough to roll snow? I would be more concerned about having boxed ends. What I don't get about the pull plows is if you are windrowing snow over distances and the plow fills up it will spill off on both sides. One side is ok, but the other isn't because you have to go back and clean it up again. Maybe you do want a power angle on second thought.

5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

bump to the top

6. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I plan on getting one this yr yet, or before next for sure, I fugured also I would need one with box ends or wings on it for the fact that it would only need to carry snow that is under my truck, moving the snow infront with my front blade...

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry about it Tom, you'll never use the power angle. Stick with Ebling and Sons, excellent workmanship.

8. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Bump to the top.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I'll chime in here. I just bought a Snowman 7' rear plow and got my first run in with it the other day. It's a great addition to the truck, I'll definitely have one on my next truck. I don't have the power angle, but I don't see how it would be that useful. I back up to the garage drop both plows and push forward. The rear plow only collects the snow between the two plows then it just carts it along until you lift it. I don't see how an angle would help that much unless you're just running a back plow without a front plow?

IMAGE_034.jpg