1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

to you ohio boy,s

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mr.plow 2, Feb 3, 2006.

1. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

ohio boy,s winter storm warning for much of ohio noaa says 3-6" lets hope for the snow:redbounce :bluebounc :yow!:

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Let's hope so. Sounds like it is going to happen. I will put my plow on when we hit the trigger. Don't want to jinx it. I did go buy more salt a little bit ago though.

JP

3. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

just bought 2 pallets here

5. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

Just took the Dodge and the 02 chevy and got two skids of salt. I am already here just got to put the blades on.

6. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

Not even gonna think about it till I actually see some white on the ground

7. Young Pup

Just watched the weather and it is anywhere from 2-4 to 3-5 right now. I did unload the salt after I got it. Like said before nothing is going on the truck until we have snow on the ground.The ground is pretty warm so it will be interesting to see how much actually sticks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

now there calling for 2-4 but it sounds like maybe saturday night now... dont know time will tell

9. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Well I just picked up another Walker mower tha other day and finished a big cleanup today so I'm hoping that maybe if I do some hedgetrimming or soemthing tomorrow, all of these things combined we'll see some snow....

10. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping Junior Member

3-6 here..then lake effect..wooooooohooooooooooo:bluebounc payup looks like lake effect on and off most of the week too

11. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

winter storm watch - big difference

12. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

dick goddard says 4-8 for sat. and another 2" sunday, possibly 6-12 total!!! sounds good to me, the cummins is ready!!!! pete

13. Young Pup

Here is the latest for us. :waving: Going out to top of the truck. Still rain right now.

Issued at: 11:12 AM EST 2/4/06, expires at: 7:15 PM EST 2/4/06

Winter storm warning remains in effect until 7 am est Sunday.
    A winter storm warning remains in effect until 7 am est Sunday.
    Rain will turn to snow this afternoon. The snow may be heavy at times this afternoon and evening. Total snowfall by early Sunday morning will range from 3 to 5 inches.
    Northwest winds will pick up to around 20 mph this afternoon and continue into Sunday, with wind gusts up to 30 mph. The combination of wind and freshly fallen snow will create blowing and drifting conditions, especially tonight.
    Remember, a winter storm warning means severe winter weather conditions are imminent or highly likely.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  14. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

still a rainy mix here, i think you guys scared it away ,thanks alot

15. grndfxjr

grndfxjr Junior Member
    from ohio

none

in northwestern ohio, they are saying 1-3 today, then 3-5 tonight. hope those weathermen are right! :)

16. bcflawn

bcflawn Junior Member
    from Ohio

nothing here.

Not doing a dang thing here.... Kinda miffs me off!

17. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Nothing but an all day rain here in Salem, Ohio:mad: Still at 35 degree's so no salt yet. Just peeked outside and it has turned to a light snow. This winter has been a bust so far....

18. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

have about 2 inches now, i guess you guys are alright afterall

19. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Dick Goddard is still doing weather in Cleveland???? I'm 42 years old and remember seeing Dick do the weather when I was a kid. He looked old back then. How old is he??? He's got to be pushing 80???

20. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

dick is 105 years old,ha ha. really , i did hear him say 8-12 for almost everyone with more in the belt. maybe its time for him to hang up the forcasting and stick to the woolybear festival