1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

to wet the snow blower appetite in you

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by leon, Nov 25, 2009.

1. leon

leon Senior Member

I thought you all might enjoy seeing a german made snow blower
    or two as the season is upon us.

These units have as standard equipment from memory being:
    Ship spinner windows for better visibility.
    Mercedes Benz power plants, and hydraulic drive for the rail trucks, and hydraulic mechanical drive for the snow pumps and snow/ice breaking arms in front of the snow pumps/fans

These self propelled snow blowers can be towed on the rails with a locomotive if needed witha coupler in front of the snow fans/pumps as they are referred to in the trade

They also have as standard equipment a hydraulic turntable between the railroad trucks and the ability to raise themselves up and turn 180 degrees and lower themselves back down on the rails to travel in the opposite direction for ease in snow removal and to eliminate backing on the rail line being cleared.

The SB1000 and SB1200 can remove 5-6000 tons per hour and travel up to 25 miles per hour-from what I remember in the specifications.

The two conrail units owned and painted in CSX fluorescent safety yellow are stationed in the CSX Buffalo yard to be used in the northern areas serviced by CSX.

They saw heavy use several years ago along the CSX lines from Buffalo, New York to the Canadian Border due to the heavy lake effect snow that year-2003-4?

They are beautiful machines and i hope to model them for a garden railway layout someday.

Leon :waving: :drinkup:

Beilhack 4.jpg

Beilhack5.jpg

Beihack 3.jpg

Beilhack 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Pretty neat....would be a bi*ch to drive on the street tho.

3. justwheelit

justwheelit Member

i bet that thing would clear the snow as well as the concrete or asphalt its sitting on...........all in one driveway remover

4. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

cool machines bet they would do a number on caribou

5. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blowers

the typos are fixed I think :^0

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  6. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blowers

I will see if I can down load the picture of the SB1200 that is track mounted tommorow.

leon:nod::drinkup::sleeping: