1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To Wash or not

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KEC Maintaince, Nov 1, 2011.

1. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

In my part of Jersey we got about 4-6 inches of snow on Saturday.
    On sunday it was very nice out so after i got done doing a check up run on my resi customers i decided to Wash the truck
    my truck is a GMC Canyon Crew Cab Black exterior chrome rims the works.
    a few neighbors came out and was pretty much complaining to me that i was washing my truck some of them also made comments to my wife on monday that i was doing so
    so heres the question
    how many of you was your vehicle after plowin???
  2. tjslider

tjslider Member

Every time.... I spray off the plow and spreader too
  3. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Why would the neighbors complain? Are you creating a huge ice glacier.
  4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I wash everything down after each plowing and everything goes back in the shop. Thumbs Up
  5. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Your neighbors must be fools.
    Wash it anytime and every time you can to keep the salt and crap off off of your investment.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why? Because now they have to keep up with the Jones'?
  7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I wash my truck After every storm, even if it's just half an inch! And I make sure to wash the underbody too. Oh and I also wash the plow and spreader
  8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't wash it, your truck will look like this in a few years.

Next time spray your neighbors with the hose.

Picture 128.jpg
  9. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Hah, that's still decent looking. I'll get you some rust bucket pics we come across.
  10. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

Who cares what your neighbors think! I also wash mine after every storm.
  11. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

my neighbors have too much time on their hands imo.
    what really pissed me off is the wife brougt it up to me thats when i got a little mad told her next time some one says something like that tell them "the payment is due in the begining of the month if they want to make coments let them pay the note".
    well not in those words exactly but you guys know.
  12. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

Let me tell you keep your neighbors happy if you are running a business out of your home. I live in a area were everyone has a 1/3 acre lot and than I have 20 acres and I run my entiore operation from my Nursery/home. After years of trouble and money I finally understand that my neighbor might be an as_ but you I have to make this old SOB not hate me. Just be care about the fact that u r a business and u are in a residential area.
  13. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

that right there is some very good advice thank you.
    i really didnt look at it like that.
  14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I would still like to know what their complaint was?
  15. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I am fortunate to have a heated garage that is wide enough and deep enough to fit my truck, F350 crew cab, short box with my Boss V-XT and my soon to be Ebling, inside. Its heated, so after almost every drive or plow event, I wash it down. I also have a sprinkler, the kind that sprays in a "rainbow" pattern that I place under my truck to spray the under body real well too.
  16. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I always wash off my truck and plow after plowing.
  17. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

Any of you try salt-away? It is a product that I try to sell at my store. It is great and has saved my trucks from rusting out. Have not had much luck selling it. I am $175 for a 5 gal bucket and shipping is about $35 if interested let me know
  18. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

just spoke to wife and i asked her why the were complaining to her why was i washing the truck when there is snow on the ground and the truck is only going to get dirty again. they said i was wasting my time.
    this is after the fact that i just got done snow blowing the 2 elderly people houses across the street and my good neighbor next store.
    i really cant figure it out. ussmileyflag
  19. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Wash mine every time after the storm, rinse out the sander and plow and spray everything with WD40.
    id tell my neighbor to *@#* off if they complained..
  20. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

How does the product work?