1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

to v or not to v

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by caz1, Dec 13, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 Member

ok i was going to get a plow on my 99 f250 this year then my inlaws were going to give me there old set up off there 93 f150 to put on my 95f150 for a spare well i decide to wait till next year to get more clients to just afi a new plow well next year i'm going to get a new plow for sure but not sure what to get a boss v or straight i will mainly be doing residential what do you think would be best i want to stay with boss because they are made in the upper peninsula and i perfer to keep thinks as local as i can thanks caz1
  2. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

I think thats the longest sentence I've ever read!
  3. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Straight blade will work better if your gonna be backdraging drives.

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

go with the vee blade .it works better,saves time , better resale value. also better air flow in the front ,it doesn't over heat as much.it's worth the extra money . i would not want a straight blade even if it was free.
  5. landstroker51

landstroker51 Banned

V-blade will eat alternators & battery over a period of time - pressing too many buttons.
  6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

boss V's dont back drag well if you dont have thier smartlock cylinders or what ever they call em. A fisher or western V back drag fine. If you are back dragging much you should be running a back blade though IMO. JMO but even though the Boss is a quicker set up I wouldnt(and didnt) buy one for my new truck. I've ran one and I dont like the way the Boss trips. JMO but go with a fisher or western V if you are going V. A V blade uses more electricity and you will eat batteries and alternators? I dissagree. You will also run the same temp or close to it with a V vrs a straight. yes better resale but you pay more so its a wash there. depends how much plowing you plan to do if its worth the money but it will cut time.....if its enough to justify its added expense is something you need to look into. Were a V really shines is in clean up and being able to scoopp the snow. JMO

use some periods next time please. hate to be the gramar police since mine sucks but its hard to read without a bit of punctuation