1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To use or not to use?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Smallwood, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Mike Smallwood

Mike Smallwood Junior Member

Anyone going to team up with the big national snow removal companies this season? Just a random thought as I sit here and write snow bids.

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Not a chance. I am already tired of phone calls from maintenance companies. These are the same companies that call every year wanting you to do their leg work and then tack on their share. I used to fall for this, getting excited, going out to look at the jobs, and you never seem to get the bids. These guys don't even have the contracts. They just hope to find subs in your area so they can bid the jobs, and hopefully they'll pick up the work. Later you find out, 3 of your buddies bid the same jobs for the same company that never landed the contract anyway.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nope, I don't think so.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

geting plowing contracts are not that though to get. :waving: so no.