1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To Strobe or Not to Strobe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by spiffy5870, Apr 6, 2006.

1. spiffy5870

spiffy5870 Junior Member
    from NJ

I just bought a cheap Strobe system from StreetGlow, let me tell you...What a piece of Crap..
    - Does sombody know where I can get a professional strobes system for my Plow Truck?
    - Please advise...
  2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

whelen 6 strobe?
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

yea those $30 street glow things are junk...learned my lesson, go with Whelen...or a dual rotator works just as effective
  4. IceCrusher

IceCrusher Junior Member
    from NY

Go to http://www.Hyper-Lights.com

They will have everything you need. They have strobe kits that are DOT approved.

Check it out. Very high quality products.
  5. spiffy5870

spiffy5870 Junior Member
    from NJ

- Now those are some Strobe Units Unlike the Crap I'll be returning to Street-Glow.
  6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Try lshlight.com also. or strobesnmore.com
  7. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Street Glow

Just my 2 cents, but I bought and installed STreet Glow's pro series strobe kit and it will put Whelen to shame. The brightest possible. A little pricey, but well worth it. Yes their $30 ones are not worth it.
  8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

9. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

I can hook you up with any strobe light needs,lightbars ,led, or replacement bulbs or lenses send me a p.m.

let me know if your wanting 60 or 90 watt kit
    90 watt whelen kits are around 300.00 plus shipping
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  10. spiffy5870

spiffy5870 Junior Member
    from NJ

- I just purchased the 90w unit from Hyper-Lights.com, we'll see how this unit works.
    - The 90w 6 output kit unit was only $285.00 + 7.00 shipping, Not that bad I guess.
    - I believe this would be one of those Cadillac versions, we'll see..

Thanks Guys...
  11. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

thats the price for a 6 strobe power supply did that include the 6 strobes or 4 strobes ?
  12. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

IF anyone needs stobes for a 03-05 Ram I have to headlights with holes drilled. I took them outta my 04 because Im selling it, and they wont fit my new 06. :angry: