1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To run skids, or not to run skids, that is the question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Jan 8, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I've got a question for those of you that plow with an ATV. Do you run skids on your plows on driveways or not? I have some paver drives, as well as some paved drives, and I wanted to get your feelings on it.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I would say no, mainly because the plow doesnt weigh enough to hurt the pavers.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks Premier, I'd like to get more feelings on the topic though, especially from those of you that plow with ATV's.

4. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I wouldn't always say that. The cutting edges are more narrow (width and length) and can dig in easier. That's why they clean ashphalt better than a regular snowplow.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone else run an ATV w/plow? Do you run skids on paver driveways? I just don't want to damage the drives, but I want it to look good when I'm done too.

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone, please?:nod: