1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

to newbies: Advertise and work will come!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Luppy, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Although I've been plowing in my town for many years, I thought I'd throw an ad in our local town publication to pick up a few more customers. Big storm this weekend brought in over 100 calls total and they're still coming in. I've got people who want me to plow their driveways through wednesday. :) Of course I can't do anywhere near this amount of driveways, but I'm doing what I can, and will be working the better part of this week. It really does pay to advertise especially for those of you just starting out.

Michele

2. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

I remember about 20 years ago I had a new battery installed in my truck. Later in the week the temp got down to -20. I had the wife call the local radio station and tell them they could announce that I would jump start vehicles for $5.00 (it's a small town and radio station). I was busy from 9am to 9pm doing nothing but starting cars!! I made somewhere around $150 that day. My expenses were a tank of gas and a pizza I took home after the last one.

Since I work full time and can't plow as a business maybe I'll try the same thing with plowing if it comes on a day off. Of course, we have to get the snow!! Still waiting!!!!

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I, too, have an advertising triumph to talk about...

I placed an add in the services section of my local newspaper "The Hammond Times" for snowplowing. The add cost me 400.00 for 3 months including Sunday. So far, I have gemerated over 1,000.00 in accounts per snowfall and it hasn't even snowed yet.payup I can't wait to hear the phone ring when it actually does snow.

Advertising pays:bluebounc purplebou :redbounce