1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To Much Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSP1, Feb 24, 2003.

1. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

Sorry to all the Guys out there that cant get any of this stuff. But were running out of space to haul it to. I need a thaw real soon.
    Heres some pics of what were into today. 3 6 Axle Dumps and a 5 yard loader.

kolentz.jpg

2. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

Heres another one.

jd.jpg

3. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

Another

denny.jpg

4. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

And the last one

6 axles.jpg

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nice trucks. I'll take the blue one! ;) :drinkup: Mike

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

What can those guys gross for weight with all those axles?

7. ddm

ddm Member

KSP 1, hey those pics are just too cool. Gorgeous trucks:cool:
    Bet there glad to be running them this time of year too! I remember long ago it seems when we would get that type of a snow storm with some frequency, last few years any snow at all seems to be worth getting excited about. I love to see all of these snow pics from everyone that is getting it this year!:drinkup:

8. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

NEVER SAW A DUMP WITH SO MANY WHEELS

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

many wheels make for a quick job :D

10. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

Those trucks can legally gross 69,500lbs or 21 Tons. All 3 of these guys plow snow for me so it was easy to get the trucks on site in the morning. They usually haul salt out of the Cargill Salt Mine in Cleveland but the salt is very scarce these days so this job was alot more profitable for them.

Hey Mike the Blue KW is For Sale. A cool $79,500 lets you swing the leg over her saddle. This pics for you.

jd2.jpg

11. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

This would be an Illegal load

snowcone.jpg

12. doogiegh

doogiegh Junior Member

Illegal

Is is illegal cause of too much weight or cause it's not tarped (covered?) Thanks.

13. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

Doogeigh,

To much weight in the box.:eek:

14. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I didnt know snow was that heavy.very nice trucks KSP1

15. DanG

DanG Senior Member

If it was that heavy to be over weight shouldn't the other wheels be touching the ground? ( they look like they're still up higher then the others)
    Or since you weren't going over the road with them they didn't bother to lower them?

Dan

16. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

The trucks were in a parking lot so there is no need to lower the tag axles.
    Joe

17. EIB

EIB Senior Member

KSP1,

Is that a car dealer's lot. If so how do you charge them when they want to move the cars to plow?

18. myo

myo Senior Member

nice pics and trucks!!

19. KSP1

KSP1 Junior Member

EIB,
    The facility is and Auto Auction, We charge them a per push amount. And then when they chose to move vehicles we have trucks on standby to clear any additional snow they want moved. They are billed an hourly fee for that service.
    Joe

20. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

KSP1

Joe is that the Auto Auction place off of I-277 ? :waving: I drive by there every week to to some of my suppliers.

I know what you mean all my lots have 7'-9' high x 20' deep plies some are over 1000' long.:eek:

As for a "thaw" the rain & warm spell last week screwed us good as temp. dropped overnight to frezzing & has stayed well below frezzing & has turned all the piles into ice-blocks.:(

Isn't it great that were having one of thoes winters ;) Were at the 5th most snow & still have a month+ of winter to go. All of my accounts are crying that they are 3 to 4 times over budget. I tell them they have been spoiled the last few winters.