1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To Much Play

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Mad Max 4x4, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

Hey guys I noticed that when I have my down pressure on I would lift the plow up and it would move the light bar and plow alot like something had to much play. It would be a little better with the down pressure off so I unscrewed the 2 bolts that are # 26 (Go to Sno-Way Service Center - Plow Parts Manuals - Power Pack Frame) on the lift bar and the spacer was broken in three. This has happed 2 times now! The other side is fine. I also noticed that both screws have worn down that would cause some play. What would cause this to happen? How can i fix it so it wont happen again? One year old 29 series plow THANKS MAD MAX 4x4

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Any wild chance of you taking a pic of the area on your plow that you are speaking about?

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What you are describing I believe are the bushings in the lift linkage. If they wear out or fail it will create some slop. The lift linkage bushings should be periodically inspected as they are a wear item just like a cutting edge. Every time you raise or lower the blade they are working. Contact your retailer about getting them replaced.

4. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Tom, could this happen to a 22 series? I have been seeing the same thing with the lights/frame on my plow. I just assumed that it needed adjustment.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

All Sno-Way plows have bushings in the lift linkage. They should be lubricated frequently and also inspected for wear or damage throughout the season.

6. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Gonna go hunt down my manual right now and check it out. I had asked Basher for some assistance in increasing the down pressure,which of course he gave me but I could not do because I am not a mechanic, but I had no idea about these bushings.

Thanks much!!

7. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Tom, Please check your PM's