1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To heavy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mark13, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks a little big, but that is the best tailgate spreader you can buy.

3. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

I AGREE JD DEFINITELY THE BEST ONE OUT THERE ........BUT MARK IF YOU GET ONE MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN IT OUT AFTER EVERY STORM CAUSE I HAD ONE AND IT FROZE UP QUICK TOO QUICK IF YA ASK ME BUT DEFINITELY A GOOD BUY:jester:

4. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA that is THE funniest setup i have ever seen,he was wooried about the frotn end so he put a "snoway" but speared nothing in the back with a proflo 2 that is rated for a minimum 3/4 ton truck hahahahah

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Easy with the caps lock.
    I wasn't planning on buying one even though I would love to have one. I just found that while wasting time.

I have a hd 1/2 ton and I would be a bit worried about putting it on my truck.

I wonder if it does wheelies?

6. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

That would be a great sidewalk rig! Man it's takin it at both ends.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Worse in the rear. :eek:

:drinkup::D

8. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Looks like the "tail waggin' the dog" to me...LOL.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I wonder if you took the plow off and heaped the salter full if it would do wheelies as soon as you hit the gas?

10. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

It's got airbags, and you never need to add ballast! I wonder what the load ratings are for those tires. I think that spreader is as big or probably a little bigger than mine, which is on a dually. Do you suppose he loads bulk mix or salt on the bed, or just throws bags in the bed? Or has a chase vehicle to carry his bags for him.
    That is weird.
    Lately I've been seeing an 01-02 style F150 Supercrew pickup with a five foot poly spreader in the back, and carrying a plow. The truck sits perfectly level with the sander on, so he must have some decent bags in it. Still looks like too much for a 1/2 ton. I'm sure when he gets loaded up he is way overweight. Wonder if the bags are just saving the rear springs, while maxing the pressure on the tires.