1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To Fluid Film, or not to??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Nov 26, 2009.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Whats the deal with Fluid Film?

I finally have a blade thats worth something, and I want to protect it. In the past, I've always just given the blade a healthy dose of WD40. Is there a big benifit to FF? Whats it cost? Is it worth it? What do you guys think about it?

Thanks

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

There is no comparison at all hardly between the 2 products.Wd-40 is a ''rust-buster'' type product while FF is a ''rust preventer'' type,besides ALSO being a great lubricant.The WD40 will wash off almost immediately while FF will stay on a very long time.I just got a fantastic deal for a case from McMasters for app.$5 a can with shipping.

3. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Good to know.
    Whats the process, just clean the blade, and spray everything?

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

id like to know too..

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I usually apply fluid film 3 times a year- Start with a clean, dry blade. Before the start of every season I spray the whole blade(s) and headgear, get all the nooks and crannies and electrical connections. Usually during the January thaw I'll hit them again, and then a wash and coat before they go to sleep in the garage for the summer. I also coat both my trucks front to back underneath, special attention paid to usual rust prone areas; wheelwells, rockers, bottom of doors etc. The stuff works great.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Even if Fluid Film wasnt good, no one on here would admit it, there a PlowSite sponsor :D!
    Haha.

Fluid FIlm is good, I plan on drenching my plow in it tomorrow actually.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

they're....

8. SuperdutyShane

Are you replying to me? If so, I was not saying they werent sponsors..

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah you, Fisher boy....

They are a sponser....They're....

10. SuperdutyShane

What are you trying to say? I said that they were a sponsor... Did you want me to use they're rather then they are? :confused:

11. SuperdutyShane

Oh, just realized my mistake... They're a sponsor..... They're.... :p

Thanks Palmer :waving:

12. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

"another example of moron-at-keyboard syndrome. Learn to capitalize and punctuate your sentences! "

LOL, he was calling you a moron! :laughing:

Fluid Film does seem like it will stick around for a long time. Its alot thicker and heavier base than wd-40.

But you could keep a few cans of WD with you and spray/wipe the blade down before and after every storm if you wanted to for under 2 bux a storm....

WD would stick around for a while in spots besides the blade... NOTHING is going to stick to the blade during use.... ... Not even the powder coat.

The other thing to think about is anything wet/sticky will attract dust and satl and grime.... Wax will not.

Great service for sending a free sample... try it out.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  13. SuperdutyShane

Oh believe me, I yell at my computer from time to time with some of the grammar errors on here... Idk, it might just be because the breaks on my trailor arent working and i need to fix my duel batterys
    :rolleyes:

Edit:By the way MrBachand, did you use Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow on your plow?

14. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE