1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To disconnect...or not...that is the question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by repo_man62, Nov 25, 2004.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

'97 ext silverado 1500...8' western...should i disconnect the SRS sensor behind the front bumper? hasn't went off yet!!!
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

REPO....Nah..........I had a 97/01/04 chevys and plowed. Never a worry about the airbag going off. And I have wacked some stuff pretty hard plowing.......geo :p
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yes but it just take one time and besides there is more than one sensor in truck anyway.
  4. Nenty

Nenty Junior Member

My local Chev dealer said that I should pull the airbag fuse when plowing when I asked them about plowing with a '96 K2500. I really wanted to know about the "plow package" but it seems that has to be factory installed.
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Pulling the air bag fuse alone will not disable the system. The charge capacitors also have to be de-energized to disable the system.
  6. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it, in my 17 years as a GM tech i have never heard of an air bag deploying while plowing. I myself have hit some curbs and parking bumpers very hard in my 02 2500HD and i haven't had any problems. If you are truely worried about it just pull the sir fuse, the capasitor only lasts for 10 minutes after battery power is lost.