1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To Deflect or Not

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by garleness, Nov 20, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Some questions answered before in another post. Went to the dealer to pick up a deflector. The price changed. So Im asking more questions I have a 9ft 32 series on my 2006 superduty supercrew. It was suggested that i go with the ez fit over the flat design. I am noticing my washers dont hit the window while im driving down the road the blade has to be straight because its a 9ft on an angle it will hit the ground over bumps. I have to leave the blade down slightly to miss the lights will i have to leave it even lower once the deflector is on. and how will my washer be. thanks pics would be nice.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The light bar is adjustable so if it is an issue with the plow and additional deflector you can raise it a bit if necessary.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But the regulations state headlights can not exceed 54" in height. So don't raise it too high. Have never had a W Washer issue so I can't comment on that.

4. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

what do you mean its adjustable. mine has 2 holes in the bottom where it bolts to the power pack and 2 holes in the top where the light bar bolts on. This is a 32 series not the new contractor . Im a class A technician, I have seen washer issues when bug deflectors are installed, I have an issue now just dont know if its going to be worse or better with the deflector and are they all 3 piece or do they come as a one piece.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Measure from the A-frame to the top of the light bar.

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I had a deflector on my fisher staright blade but never noticed any wind problems for the washer, not saying it can't happen tho.

7. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Ok sorry about the delay , I measured the light bar it is 31 inches from bottom to the top not to the a-frame but to the mount where it pivots up. so the light support bar is 31 inches tall in mounted mode light bar up maybe add 6 inches. these side pieces are 1 piece each there are no adjustments. it is what it is. This is a 9 foot blade I have to keep it in the straight position to drive down the road or the lower edge would hit in full angle mode over bumps. I used it for the first time 3 days ago, I did have some of the fluff hitting the windshield. Its worse driving down the road because the washer fluid doesnt hit the glass. it just swirls around in front of you. floating out there, maybe the plow and hood scoop combo effects it.

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

try angleing L/R while you use washers it may swirl wind differently