1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

to crank or not to crank

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by S120483, Nov 28, 2005.

1. S120483

S120483 Junior Member

guys my truck goes in on friday for the western 7.5' poly pro plow install. I have a 2001 2500HD crew cab short box truck. No plow prep, 6.0L V8. I will not be getting timbrens as i will only use this truck for my drive and the private road out front, maybe some friends and family houses. Should I have the torsion bars cranked? Will the installer take care of this if necessary or do i need to tell him to do it? I was just curious if the plow i picked will require the bars cranked? Also i paid 4300 out the door with tax for my plow with the hand held controller, this a good price? Was best i got qouted but wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks

2. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

The torsion cranking I cant say do it or dont. I am on mine but it is a 05 2500HD with 8ft pro steel. I paid $4300 for my plow too. Got a deal cause I got the plow through the dealer I bought my truck from.