1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To buy or not

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mikelawtown, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Im looking at a 2000 f250 with a fisher..black , also loaded ex cab with 6foot bed, just what im looking for. In the last few weeks all i found were trucks with 40-100k Miles for 15-19k, well i looked at the black 2000 today and when i got there i was excited to see it in good shape but the milage is at 138k, it seems like alot but the shape its in and price (11,500)seems good. should i be afraid of the miles??:dizzy:

2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

The miles are kind of high, what do they want for it $$$$???

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

What engine?

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

11,500 dollars.....5.4 engine all mainten records..

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's a lot of miles for that year truck.
    Think long and hard about buying an old plow truck. It may need a boat load of new parts or rebuilds. If you can wrench your own repairs that's a good price on that year truck.
    It may have mostly highway miles and just casual plowing done. But look at it closely and take a long test drive so the big problems hopefully show them selfs. Then get under it and look for fluid leaks etc.

6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Be prepared for ball joints and brakes--It sounds like a good price, if it wasn't worked too hard---you may have just found a commuter vehicle that the guy is sick of paying for gas! Best of luck! Also check the weather strip on the bottom of the doors on the inside--she could be starting to rot in this area(very common with S/D) and has the owner scared or use to lower the price a little.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  7. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

although you could have a good deal on you hands, thats an awful lot of miles in a short amount of time, and you could be looking at rebuilding the front end and or tranny depending on how hard it was worked, but like others have said it may be mostly highway miles, just check it out real good and get it up to speed listen for clunks and vibrations ect, good luck

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get a Truck Trader magazine if you have them in your area and look at prices. Like I said that is a good price but you need to be able to wrench your own stuff to make out on the deal. It may need some stuff rebuilt or replaced. I can do stuff for about a 1/3 of what a shop charges because I wrench my own repairs. Buddies bribed with a home cooked meal and some beer can help too with big jobs.

9. DELBERT

DELBERT Member

paid 12000.00 for mine 2000 f350 30000 miles mint