1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY vplow slight damage (pics)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Itsdoubletime, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

hi i am new to plwing and i am thinking of buying a boss rt3 8"2 power v the plow is in overall good condition but has some damage to the driver side wing supposedly everything else is fine it hooks up smoothley nothing was bent etc but i just dont know muchj about plows to know if this is significant damage and i should look the other way or if this is just a easy weld fix any info or insight would be great as i am a beginner thanks guys detailed pucs below

v.jpg

v1.jpg

damage .jpg

damageback.jpg

damagefrnt.jpg

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

that can be fixed with a welder if your handy with one. Not a bad looking plow

3. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I was really expecting much worse. If it operates good and you don't see any cracks anywhere else i wouldn't hesitate if the price is right!

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

If its cheap then your fine. Weld it repaint and your good.

5. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

yes i am actual;ly very handy with a welder just worried if it may have caused any other internal damage and he wants 1700 with harness and controller does that sound like a decent price and when i go look at it what lse should i look at to make sure there was no other damage because of the incident just worried me cause i know these things just dont split like that must have been a pretty hard hit right ?

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hook it up and go plow,minor damage not worth fixing.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

beat him down to 1500 and buy it

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That was absolutley a hard hit. I'm not saying don't buy it, but there are a lot of those plows for sale on this site all the time with no damage. Price seems cheap though...tough choice.

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would be more concerned buying the truck it was on then the plow. I wouldn't fix anything, it's the cutting edge that does all the work. If the plow is straight then it looks like a good deal to me.

11. fireside

fireside Senior Member

The damage ok run with it. The thing i would do is put that plow in scoop and check the lower hinge for broken welds. Those plows are known to break along the hinge cause lots of damage.

12. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Have the seller hook it up. If it moves smoothly and doesn't stick or jerk, do like Morrissey said.