1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To big for a condo complex

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 77gmcserria, Jan 29, 2009.

1. 77gmcserria

77gmcserria Member
    from N/A

Would you say that a Mack tandom axle truck with a 11' plow and 20yrd sander to big of a truck for a condo complex? I would have other smaller pices of equipment, trucks / snowblowers for the smaller areas.

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Umm yes since they will complain about the noise that thing will make

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Yes, way overkill unless you have miles of roads.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Unless you get heavy snow and alot of drifting it is way too big.
    Most apts are full of cars and backing up would be hard.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I would say go for it..

Those trucks aren't that loud, and when did an 11ft blade make more noise than an 8.5?

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you wont be able to get around with that thing.....itll take you twice as long just trying to not hit any cars

7. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I run a single axle dump with a 10' plow. The wheelbase is short and the turning radius is tight. Backing up is the problem. I do some commerial lots and streets for HOA's. So I would say if your able to drive through the complex without having to backup, go for it.

8. 77gmcserria

77gmcserria Member
    from N/A

So basically all they are good for is highway plowing or parking lots?

9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Pretty much...........it won't do driveways or any type of detail work if that's what you are alluding to.

Is this a front plow or belly blade? Not sure you identified this yet.

Just delay rolling that truck until the plowing is completed on your sites and use it for that. Your salters will make you more $$ per hour doing this as opposed to plowing with it.

10. 77gmcserria

77gmcserria Member
    from N/A

Front Plow

11. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

I know for a lot of condos around here it would be too big ,but everywhere is different. I would try to avoid backing up to much otherwise give it a try on your larger areas and just have the other equipment do the tighter spots.

12. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

How wide are the streets thru the condos? Around me there are some places that would work and other it'd be impossible.

13. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

How much snow do you get and how wide are the drives/roads