1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$$$ to be made

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by engine1wsfd4, Dec 28, 2009.

1. engine1wsfd4

engine1wsfd4 Junior Member
    from NC

Hello,
    Is $100 per hour a average price for a truck? I'm new to plowing so I do not want to undercut the comp out there.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

depends on the area. some people would crap their pants for $100/hr. Others wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole if they're making more elsewhere.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Around here you'd get laughed at. Seems high to me. But I don't know your area. Call as a potential client and ask for prices.

4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

our average here in s.w. mi. is around $65 hr per truck, give or take.

5. It varies tremendously by area, In Michigan everybody and their brother has a plow. How much competition would you have in NC ? Not much I'd think.

6. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

$60-65 around here as far as I know. And yes, damn near everyone has a plow on something!

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

i don't know how you guys live in michigan...

8. mskutnik

mskutnik Junior Member

in my area i've heard of guys making $75 or more an hour but most are still trying to get there money

9. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Depends on what kind of work. Comm, Resi drives, City streets. I do private drives only. At the end of a storm if I did not make $100 to $150 an hour I am bummed.

Think you should search/ask about this in the other forums

10. engine1wsfd4

engine1wsfd4 Junior Member
    from NC

Some guys I've talked to say they 75 an hr for a tractor and 100 plus an hr for a truck. When we have 6" plus of snow you can plow for 40 hrs. straight and still have work to do. There is not alot of plows around here.

11. coral

coral Senior Member

Like CT is soooooooooooooooo much better!:laughing:

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I think around here $100.00/Hr. is right, maybe even a little low now.