1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To all tractor drivers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by capitalsnow, Mar 14, 2010.

1. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

Just wanted to know your thoughts on the ivt, do you like or dislike them, i personnally love working with the ivt, works wonders when blowing snow banks back and your knees dont ach as bad after a night of blowing snow. Maybe someone knows of downfualts to this transmission i have used them two years running in a 7430,and 7330 and not a problem yet, im considering bringing in two more for the winter coming, but like to hear some input on them,

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

IVT is a far superior transmission and the only fault is the price. I can't justify the extra money for my tractors as I don't think it will make me anymore money.

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I prefer the HST trans systems!

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Not sure if that is an option on a JD7330/7430.;)

5. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

:laughing:

Cre thought the OP said Toy Tractor I guess

6. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

does hst come in large frame kubotas?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  7. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

My agco has it and my John deere didn't. Night and day difference. This is the 3rd year and it seems like there is no problems. During the summer we custom farm with it and it mostly stays going forward. But in winter it goes just as much back as forth. The guy that thought of that was a smart man.

8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

9. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

Driving older 7810 with hand throttle only( pedal was broke) and blowing snow bank with the push type blower on the 3pt hitch, ( not the drag blower) and i suppose roofing all summer long doesnt help the old knees

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Capital snow, I thought you might be Capital snowblowing, but with only 2 tractors that would rule you out.

11. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We have been using the IVT since it came out in 2002. We love it for pulling our tomato harvester for 55 days straight considering we go anywhere between .8 mph to 2.1 mph depending on yield. As far as snow plowing goes, we are going to start using an IVT tractor next snow season for some of our commercial accounts. I have run the Fendt, and Agco with the CVT trans and you just can't beat the JD for ease of operation, simplicity, and comfort. Agco may have a good transmission but the JD is so much simpler to run. JMO

12. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

yup your right, capital snowblowing...but thats residential, im working on commercial for them, i guess my question could have been interpreted as i own 2 ivts, i have ran a 7430, and 7330 in the past two years that came with ivt, im looking into brining in two to do commerical lots. i guess you being in montreal you would know of capital.

13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

:D So you work for Jim, he runs an impressive outfit. He makes me look like a small fry.:salute:

14. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I am currently on the hunt for a 7330 or similar and have done alot of research on the ivt tranny and 98% of input has been positive, I am going to buy one with the ivt as we really need the road speed for alot of things we do, I believe it to be superior.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The 6 speed power quad has the same 25 mph road speed. You can get a 30 mph trans with IVT but you need to get the upgraded brake and suspension which makes the tractor close to 20 more expensive.

16. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

The 7330 prem, i drove this winter did 30mph, which was nice becuase going from the westend of the city to east is not a short drive in ottawa. I wouldnt think it had the upgraded package as it was rental, but ive been wrong before and with a name like jddave i wouldnt dare challenge your knowledge :salute:

17. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I didnt know that most I have found go 18-20mph, I thought you had to have the ivt to get the speed I think someone misinformed me. thanks DAve

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You could be right because I have been told false info by my dealer before. Some of our powerqauds go 28 mph and that is to do with the 46" rubber. Tire size make a big diff for road speed. Also not every tractor has the speedometer's calibrated properaly. 18-20 mph seems very slow after you go 25. All of our tractors go at least 25 mph.

19. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I know what you mean about feeling slow this winter I had to drive a single speed skidloader across town, and im not very patient, reminded me of wacking off in a sleeping bag.