1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

To all of my friends in the North East

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JPMAKO, Jan 3, 2005.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

This is getting ridiculous,

One day its 59 degrees the next its 38.
    the following day its 54 the next its 49
    the next day its
    Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-BRONX NY-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ- KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- NORTHEAST SUFFOLK NY-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- NORTHWEST SUFFOLK NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-QUEENS NY- RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-ROCKLAND NY-SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK NY- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- UNION NJ-WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 354 PM EST MON JAN 3 2005
    ... THERE IS A CHANCE FOR WINTER WEATHER LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THURSDAY...

A CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BUILD NORTH OF THE REGION LATER TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. THIS HIGH WILL ALLOW COLDER AIR TO WORK ACROSS THE LOCAL REGION. IN THE MEANTIME... ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO MOVE OUT OF THE MID WEST AND TRACK TOWARD OUR LOCAL REGION. AS SUCH... ANY RAIN IS EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY CHANGE OVER TO SNOW LATER WEDNESDAY AND CONTINUE THURSDAY. THERE STILL IS SOME UNCERTAINTY ON BOTH WHEN THE PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW... AND HOW MUCH PRECIPITATION WE SEE. HOWEVER THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR AN ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY ACROSS THE AREA....

This weather pattern is crazy. Is anybody else getting the urge to choke a weatherman?
    I have checked the weather about 12 times today and it has changed 4 different times. This must be killing some of you. But fear not, the snow will come one day. I just thought that I would vent too. I am realizing that this is not only having an effect on my business but also my personal life.
    It was about 7:00am when I awoke from a dream this morning and the first thing that I did was look out the window because I swore I had heard a town plow truck. Well no not quite it was a school bus. Crazy isn't it? I would like to hear how this weather is impacting some of you and your businesses!

Jason

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

We got 4 inches last night and then it turned to rain.
    This season is bad so far. I think we are in for a good/bad jan, feb, mar.

3. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

dealer called me today and said my new motorcycle was fresh off the truck... Never thought I would be able excited about a motorcycle ride in JANUARY!?!??!

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Not to worry until it's the ice cream truck.

I was up early this morning cause I expected ice conditions and lots of calls for sanding.

Nada.

One customer had arranged last night for me to sand his road his morning. Went and did it, didn't really need it, but like he said (paraphased) - Better to do it when it's not needed than vice versa. This was the second time this season I got up early for an event that didn't happen. Haven't plowed yet this winter.

5. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

What kind if bike?

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Yup pretty sick of it too. It was 50 today, and its supposed to rain then turn to snow tonight, we'll be lucky to get an inch.

7. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

bike

what kind of bike you got there???

8. drplow

drplow Senior Member

i don't know who to watch, the local weather man or the weather channel. yesterday he said chance of rain but it will stay south most of the day. well, rained all day and i plowed only three times this season and there no snow piles left. its been sweat shirt weather here the last few days.

9. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

in my avatar is my 2002 suzuki hayabusa 1300.. 174bhp and 104tq after many mods... the new bike that im waiting to pickup is an 05 kawasaki vulcan 2000cc... cant wait to ride!! :redbounce

10. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

Well, I'm all ready for snow. Got my plow hooked up and waiting :D

[​IMG]

11. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

funny pic... but a better one would be of the truck with plow on and the car in the bed for ballast!!

12. mikelawtown

from Mass

I have a 2000 zx12r..the busa's rival..

13. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

:gunsfiring: zx12r

just kidding.. yes.. we could fill a few pages of smack talking about this issue.. only thing that really counts is, love your bike? I bet you do!! :drinkup:

14. mikelawtown

from Mass

I sure do love it. It is the red one, which is the one i wanted not the usual green. And I love the busas, never a foul thing to say about them. I like the copper color busas also....take care... :waving: