1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TJ Breaks

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by BigDBoots, Oct 17, 2009.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Fellas,

It is time for some new pads and rotors for the front of my 06 TJ... I was planning on getting some Ceramic Napa pads and a pair of their rotors. Anybody have any thoughts on this set up? I have 32s if that makes a difference. Do you think it is worth running Ceramic pads? Any comments are appreciated

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I used NAPA ceramic pads on a Dakota I used to own. They stopped well, never made a single squeal, and really did have less dust on the wheels than the factory brakes. I'd use them again. Most NAPA stores can get different "grade" rotors. Tell them you want the best ones. The cheap ones are exactly that - cheap. Crappy steel that doesn't take too long to warp and cause brake pulsation.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I was expecting to see a picture of a Jeep in two pieces.....

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same here. :nod:

Napa's Ceramix brakes are good quality along with their premium rotors. Can't recall if they have them for the TJ applications but their "Adapt One" pads are nice too.

5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

BRAKES! why can`t anybody spell brakes.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

As I wrote it
    "Frome somewone that cant spell Give hi a brake (break)? he spelled the word corect jest the wrong word. (spell check is funny that way) We all understood him, he got his point (question) across"

After I corrected it
    "From someone that cant spell give him a brake (break)? he spelled the word correct just the wrong word. (spell check is funny that way) We all understood him, he got his point (question) across"

After spell check
    "From someone that cant spell give him a brake (break)? he spelled the word correct just the wrong word. (spell check is funny that way) We all understood him, he got his point (question) across"

I still dont know if I got it all correct, spell check says yes...

7. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

I appreciate everyone's correction, every now and then we all make mistakes, one should remember humility.... Plowmeister, what do you run on your amazing rig?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely Big D, haven't met the perfect person yet.

Although some will self argue that fact. :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  9. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I use ceramic pads on everything I own and love them. quiet, no dust, and feel great!!

10. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That is funny. We need to start a goofy sign thread. I have a couple of pics...

12. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

I'm gonna need to do this too before the snow really starts to fly.......I never tried the ceramic ones, how do they compare in price and durability?

13. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I have heard good things about ceramics, but still use Autozone semi-metallic pads, $20- $26 a set, last a long time and are fairly nice to the rotors. Never hear a squeak from any of them. They even carry a lifetime warranty even for wear.

14. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I have problaby used ceramic on 20+ different vehicles(mine family and friends) never had a problem with durability or noticed if they last longer or shorter than others, but they do cost more. if a regular set is 25 then the ceramic would be like 40 bucks. if you ask me I say they are worth the extra and as I said I won't use anything else anymore.