1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenFred, Feb 3, 2004.

1. KenFred

KenFred Junior Member

This is not a truck I would ever consider since I buy American, but I stopped at a Nissan dealer last night jsut to check out their new pick-up. I do have to asy it looks nice, but I am not to sure on how it would handle heavy payloads and/or plowing. I highly doubt it would be able to be used for plowing.

Just wondering what everyone else's opinions are about the truck.
  2. faughtj

faughtj Member
    from NE Ohio

My brother is a Nissan salesman at a dealership in Cols, Oh. We went to the big auto show in Detroit last month & he was showing me the Titan. I was very impressed.. he was telling me that when the truck was introduced, they had a regional get together where they were able to drive the Titan against all the domestic full size trucks, and it out accelerated all of them, including the new Dodge full size Hemi truck. I'll tell you, we looked at the Titan, then checked out the new F-series at the Ford display, and it (F-series) looks really rough around the edges in comparison. The Nissan actually stickered lower than an F-150 equipped similarly. Not to knock the domestics ( I have a Chevy & a Ford myself), but it looked to me like Nissan really did their homework.. but you're right, I don't think it would be a good plow truck, but might be a nice tow vehicle, esp. if you have a family and go with the 4-door version.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

my dodge club cab dakota is stronger then that matched with 318 i doubt you would be able to plow snow with they ride like a car instead of a truck
  4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Nissan did half of their homework, they pretty much neglected anyone who needs an 8 foot bed.
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Still wonder why there are no import 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. You know 8800 -9900 GVWR. :confused:

Not like their incapable of making them.
  6. crashz

crashz Senior Member

The Titan is a great looking truck. I was contemplating trading my 150 for one, but one thing stopped me. It has a 1500 lb payload. Thats a Ranger/S10 payload! I can't understand how a 1/2 ton truck can be rated to tow 9,500 lbs and yet only has a payload of 1500 lbs. My F150 has a payload of close to 2100 lbs , but is only rated to tow 5000 lbs.

I still like the Titan, but I think I'll either wait for a diesel 1/2 ton or move up to a 3/4 ton.
  7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully this is a sign to the big three that they need to get their quality up. If you do a comparison between any of the big threes trucks and one from Japan, you will notice that there is a big difference in interior quality. I still love my Ford though.
  8. KenFred

KenFred Junior Member

I agree the interior is what caught my attention, but they have to beef it up a little before I could consider it.
  9. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

My new Gmc has a Japanese engine in it.
    The Duramax is an Isuzu with German injectors bosh
  10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

WRONG! At least partly.

The Duramax is an Isuzu designed, AMERICAN engine built in AMERICA (Moraine, OH), by AMERICAN (over 700 of them) workers.

Isuzu has been a GM partner since 1971 (they built the Chevy LUV pickup).

They do (almost all light duty truck diesels) use a BOSCH common rail injection system. BOSCH is a German company.
  11. 04superduty

Its funny the Duramax is a Japanese engine made it the USA. :D :D
  12. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Why is it funny? :confused:
  13. acornish

acornish Senior Member

just a quick point they are owned by general motors since 1975 , not a partnership-- also own suzuki, and 49.5% of toyota go figure -- Japan huh how bout american/ jap combo ---
  14. 04superduty

its funny to me that most of the quote Japanese cars, and engines, aren't even built in Japan. They are built all over the US. Its interesting that someone says its a Jap truck, but really its made by some buba down south.
  15. hotrod7

hotrod7 Junior Member

I have a 03 f250 built in mexico go figure.
  16. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

i would not question the plow abaility of a titan all 4x4 pu's will handle something besides why would you buy a pickup and not plow with it.
  17. PLANET

PLANET Member

My F350 built in Kentucky USA:nod:
  18. GPB

GPB Member

Weather you like Nissan or not, them entering the full sized truck market will improve trucks, what ever brand you buy. Compitition is a good thing. If this Nissan ends up being the real deal, its going to force Detroit into building better trucks.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

No matter how you look at the American Dollar is going in foreign pockets. My buddy refuses to buy a Ford because his wife is Jewish. He wanted another Chevy but bought a Toyota because there was a shortage of Chevy trucks at that time. He tells me it's a good riding truck but eats alot of fuel. When I told him I get 12MPG with my Ford he is astounded because he says he gets 9MPG. He told a buddy of mine not to tell me, but he really HATES that P-O-S! Thanks DAD for fighting in WW2 and all you other Vets for our freedom!
  20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

wtf does ford have to do with Jewish people not to sound racists but a Lot jews drive Mercedes Benz