1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tiriolo Services..still have our 1980 skid steer runs like a bear

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tirioloservices, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

heres a few pics from the end of the summer..using the old skid steer to rip out a driveway and install a new lawn in Waterbury,CT
    this machines a 1980 bought it 3 1/2 years ago..put a little TLC in into it and its never had any mechanical issues besides having a axle welded
    this is a 1980 Ford CL-40 skidsteer also known as Erickson 1340..
    went from erickson to ford to new hollland over the years
    its very simular to the case 1835...all hand controls
    this machine is run off propane and boy it doesnt loose power and hell of alot cheaper to run..18 dollars to fill the tank and get almost 2 days out of it

buckshillrd sept 2011 lawn install.jpg

buckshillrd sept 2011 lawn install pic2.jpg
  2. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

painted it when bought 3 1/2 years ago
    iam hoping to have it soda blasted and painted original yellow someday soon if not she looks ok and makes me money....
    this job above was a driveway that had sunk down...asphalt sunk down almost 3ft due to poor city drainage..customer didnt want to repave and city didnt wanna know a thing..so we ripped out asphalt and layed down material and planted seed...looks good today...as you can see customer made me leave 2 areas of old asphalt so h didnt have to poor concrete...not a top job but hey this ciustomer paid and gves me work all the time...its a rental property
  3. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Looks like a good little workhorse ya got there! Hard to get rid of things like that when they're paid for and make almost pure profit.
  4. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

yeah i was nervous when i got it..but a ford v4 industial motor..no leaks,,can lift alot..only down fall is not a quick attatch plate on it..but i only use this machine with bucket..have forks for it but barely use.....if i need another machine i rent ..maybe next year ill finally get my excavator..but i actually made a lil cab for this and heater but never got a chance to mak a door..but this things great in the snow..only weighs 4,000 pds...
  5. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

i will take older equipment over this new stuff anyday..this things made to last..only has 3,000 hours
  6. jdo150

jdo150 Member

nice little machine if it gets the job done who cares how old it is. That thing is perfect for little jobs and its light too so it must be easy to move around.
  7. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

thanks JD
    very easy to move around..and yea i wouldnt trade it for a new one...ill never sell it.......................................but for grading,loading and moving material its great..this things awesome in snow...

looking into buying a 2nd machine/ newer when things get busier..just because id like a 2 speed and to run attachments and stuff
    ,,but for what it costs to rent today i rather rent and not have to repaor and store anythinglike i said 3 1/2 years and only one break down when i snapped an axle..other than that...fluids changed,tuned up and running propane being cheaper and also alot cleaner
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011