1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MotoMan, Feb 24, 2003.

1. MotoMan

MotoMan Junior Member
    from OH

I ran a search and I didn’t find too much on tire choice.

I drive about 36K a year and would like a fairly quiet AT tire that performs well in the snow. During the summer I often make several 180-mile round trips to “work” each week, so I would need something that wears well. The BFG’s that came on my truck have worn evenly and are pretty quiet, but they suck in snow.

What’s a good all around tire for snow and everyday use?

Has anyone tried the new Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo?

Check it out here:

The reviews sound great, but not sure what you guys use for plowing.
  2. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

I looked into replacing my tires also, not sure on road noise the tire I will replace mine with are the Commercial TA by BF Goodrich.... the specs on them seem good....

on a scale of 1 to 10 the lowest score is a 5 for handling, all others are 7 or above.... but do you really want your plow truck to handle on a dime like a corvette......

just my .02 .... and IMHO

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

GSLAM88 i just put those on my truck and i love them have had no problem with traction now that they are on.I had them done at BJ's they had the best price installed.
  4. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

DIESELRAM30 Member

I myself use pro comp x terrains on my truck, very agressive tire, but procomp also has a line of less agressive tires you might want to give it a look i am very happy with my tires. Just go on the web and search pro comp tires, hope i could help
  6. GeeMC

GeeMC Member

I got the same tires Cat. Best deal around. I like the free tire rotation for life too. I don't find the road noise to be to bad with these tires, but they are on a truck with off road suspension so my opinion might not be the best gage to go by.

Good Luck,

7. MSB1766

MSB1766 Member

Cooper tires all I buy they are great!!!!
    I have the Discovers and discovers A/T
  8. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

B.F. Goodrich commercial T/A incredible bite in the snow. Make sure its the traction commercial t/a. The difference between these and the Firestone steeltechs that came on the truck is night and day.:drinkup:
  9. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I have Comm T/A Traction tires and they are great the look to be wearing quickly but thats the trade off got them at BJ's too
  10. johngus

johngus Senior Member

I just put nitto terra graplers on my suburban.Probably will be the first snow this week to try them.I'll post results.so far pretty happy with them.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i priced the revos for my ram truck
    my tire guy doesnt feel the price is reflective in the quality of the tire buy michelin they dont get any better

12. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

As mentioned before. I was anti cooper tires, after having a set of cooper cobras I could lite up to 4th gear in the mustang on dry ground w/o trying. Put on BFG comp T/As, and had traction.

So, I was a BFG person, until I went from a BFG A/T, to a Cooper Discoverer A/T. All I have to say is wow. I love the cooper A/T, I do most of my plowing in 2 wheel drive now, and pull right up things I couldn't get up in 4 with the other ones.

AS a cheap, good tires, with out much noise, and good wear, go with the coopers. All terrains of course.
  13. rec067

rec067 Member

Interco Trxus M/T.......
    Very aggresive tread, siped, load range d and e, 3 ply sidewall with light tread, very reasonable road noise(slightly over stock) Wonder why it took Interco (aka Super Swamper) so long to get their hand in the A/T market. And look great, I love em:D
  14. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Interco TRXUS

I have set of Interco TRXUS . :drinkup:
    Tough and great traction all around. Figured they would give me best chance to get out, when slipping over the edge, since the side lugs can dig in. Haven't slipped over the edge yet with them though. These are great!

Here is link, and they look even better in person! http://www.intercotire.com/html/trxus_mt_sts.htm :cool:
  15. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Okay so today I went off the beaten path and put cooper discoverer mud and snows on my f-250 pickup "wow" nice tire and the traction is really good. Never thought I'd like em but they dont make the commercial t/a in the right size for that truck. So far I really like em.
  16. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

If you have a light truck I found general ameritrac suv tires work ok. Although I overload them a touch on my truck.
  17. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

I run the Cordovan Wild Spirit Radial DTX. Excellent snow traction and hold a load well but wear a bit quick. A bit noisy too.

They're the last tire in this link.

18. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Sorry - Link didn't work quite right. They're under the radial light truck catergory of the index.
  19. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I second what Joe 92GT says.I have the Cooper A/t's on both my Ram 2500 in 285/75R16,and on my wifes Blazer in 235/75r15. These tires are excellent all around tires that perfrom on road like a highway only tire,as fasr a noise,there is no noise.They perform great on the road,the ones on my Ram hook up way better than the BFG A/T's I had before. I could spin the BFG;s well into 3rd gear on dry,good blacktop with ease,these hook hard in hard in 2nd,up to about 450hp,at 500_+ they wont hook til in 3rd:D . These tires are excellent in the snow too. I Sled pulled last yr with both the (got 1st place) and the Ram 3rd place.Both did great.
  20. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

I have uniroyals on one truck and they had excellent traction at first but they wore out quickly and now they suck. My other truck has Good Year but havn't plowed with them yet, so far so good but they are brand new and came with the truck