1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Jan 20, 2009.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

What do you guys think would be a better choice on tires

Goodyear silent armor or BFG TKO's 285's load range e

Price is about the same. I have BFG'S now.
  2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I like the TKO's but every pair I ever had never lasted...
  3. skidoo08

skidoo08 Junior Member
    from indiana

I am running Cooper Zeon LTZ's and love them. The truck came with Badyears on it. I tried to like them but they were horrible in the rain, can't imagine they would do anything in the snow. I'm not sure if they come in your tire size but there an awsome tire.
  4. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

I've run the 265 - 16" BFG's on my 97 Chevy, single wheel one ton for almost a year and love them!....no problems...pull trailers all the time....Great in snow... and they look good!
  5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I'd go with the Goodyear Wranglers. The BFG tires are highly overrated, and they're terrible to keep balanced. Plus, with the Wranglers, they have extra reinforcement in the E rated 285, compared to the BFG.
  6. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

I use Goodyear MT/R's for plowing. LT265/75R16's. Awesome tire, on my fourth plow season with them.