1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ondirtymax, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Any body have suggestions for a good tire? Need new ones in the worst way!
  2. tc21

tc21 Member

I just bought a set of 4 tires from treadwright tires for the F250. After 2 months and a lot of tonage they are holding up great. Its a great tire for the price. There were a lot of good reveiws and I wanted to save a couple of bucks so I figured I'd give them a shot. In the end It cost me around $500.00 to purchase,mount and balance. Not bad. I shelled out over $700.00 last year for new Bridgstones on the other truck and I only get 2 years out of tires on all three fords. A lot of weight and use all year.The prices for tires were going out of control for E rated tires.
  3. nekos

nekos Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

6. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Nitto Terra Grappler's. These are not rough though. They're are soft so they grab a ton of traction. Good milage to.
  7. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I just got 6 new goodyear wrangler silent armor, we haven't had any real snow yet just a little ice and they seem to work very good. They have a band of kevlar supposed to help a lot and also have a 50000 mile warranty.
  8. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

cooper discoverer M+S
  9. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

10. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Bridgestone Dueller Revo AT - FTMFW
  11. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Round ones not the square ones. look at the link with over 100 replies or do a search we don't need another tire thread sorry for being so blunt.
  12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I just put these on my 2004 GMC 3/4 ton and for two storms and about 1200 miles all is well! A really nice tire to plow with and I think they will wear a little better than many of these cheap tires everybody likes to plow with.....
  13. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Always a smart ass in the bunch..............anyways, i went with the bfg's ko at's. Had them once before, so thought i'd give them another try
  14. DJ Contracting

OK then here's some good advice USE the search button :dizzy:
  15. jaymorgan2

jaymorgan2 Junior Member

Good Tires- Reasonably Priced

I purchased my F250 with different front and rear tires, and decided to replace the 2 rear tires and keep the fronts. The tires we kept were Trailcat tires by Dean Rubber, a division of Cooper tires. These tires are medium grip tread, drive well on dry pavement, and have been excellent when plowing. The season in WNY has been very slick thus far, and the tires have kept up nicely.. lots of grip. If your looking for a good, mid priced tire that keeps your truck running straight in ice and has good grip on icy lots when plowing, these are good ones!
  16. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Was always raised that if you have nothing productive to say, say nothing at all. Didn't know you could search like that as i am relatively new to the site, sorry to inconvenience you
  17. DJ Contracting

I was raised that way too that's why I posted again, and I do believe I gave some good advice.
  18. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

When you say "we don't need another tire thread", who are the "we" you are referring to? YOU sure as heck don't speak for me. If you find the intent of the question to be redundant or repetitive move on to the next topic. For you to feel the need to scold another poster shows me a real lack of self esteem on your part. May I suggest that you try a BMW forum where you will fit right in with all of the other arrogant, self-righteous a***oles. Sorry for being so blunt:angry:

As for the tires, Copper Discoverer M&S (studded) are my top choice for plow tires. You will need a second set of wheels for these as they can only be run in the winter. If you only have the coin for one set year round, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor would be my recommendation.
  19. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

dont be hating on DJ.....he's just trying to get you to read one of the hundreds of already started and very detailed threads about this. It would def create less junk on Plowsite.
  20. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I sure hope the BMW comment wasnt intended toward me because then you would be the only one acting like an arrogant self-rightous *******...............so heated for nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.