1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hfdresq1, Oct 30, 2002.

1. hfdresq1

hfdresq1 Junior Member

i have an 85 chevy k30 1 ton and was looking for the best all around tires for my rig. i need tires that are good on dry pavement as well as snow. i also plow with an 8 foot fisher blade so they must have a decent amount of traction. any help on the subject would be appreciated.

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have to get them form my truck to get thru the winter and i was looking at the BF Goodrich Commercial traction ones NTB has them for $115 a tire size 245 75R16 they are more of a snow tire for every dat there was another one by Dunlop that they said was good for all around driving Check out an NTB near you.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have always had bery good results with Cooper tires.
    Dino

4. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

BFG - AT's or M&S's

both have worked very good for me. M&S's will not last as long & are noisier :waving: . Plus I get a BIG discount from a good friend ;) .

5. firefighter

firefighter Member
    from Ohio

Good snow tire tread will be full of snow when driving through snow. A tire that is full of snow will give you the best traction in snow. ( good radial )

Good mud tires will throw the mud from the tread, tires should be free of mud. This will give you the best traction in mud.

Firefighter