1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tire's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wild bill, Dec 30, 2007.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hey guy's i have a 01 2500hd with factory Firestone tire's (junk) get stuck on wet grass ,only got 43,800 miles ,what in your opinion are the best stock size traction tire's for the money ? i am on a fixed income so i have to play it close to the hip .any help would be appreciated :help:

2. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

Dont buy BF's, I can never get any mileage out of the ATs, the Mud terrains are great but very high ,I am trying out a set of Coopers w/ only 20k but they are looking great.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I run Bridgestone Dueller A/Ts. You are right the Firestones suck I had 15,000mi on my 06' and sold them. When I bought the 07'OBS and now 07'NBS took the Firestones and sold them also all the trucks have 285's. Being on a fixed income let me know what kind and size you want. I plow for a tire distributor and get tires at employee cost. If you were to be in St.Paul, MN. I know they have locations in IA but not sure if I could get the discount.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'm running Cooper Discoverer ATR's on my '04 HD and they work great.. good ride, quiet, and the stability and handling in the snow is excellent.

5. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I looked for two weeks at about 20 brands and was dead set on the ATR's but when i used a work van that just had them put on i thought they were very unstable when i was heading off a ramp with a few bumps, the van shifted very bad and almost lost it..seriously..After that was the scorpions but had bad reviews especially when truck sits , they get flat spots...So i went with Chaparral ap's..I had them installed 4 weeks ago and got to try them out in the storm, all i can say is awesome tire..were about 590 installed with free rotation and flat repair for life...

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hey guy's thank's for the input , i will check out the cooper atr's been looking at cooper discoverer m+s winter tires

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have Cooper 285 STT's on the Chevy and i'm not impressed at all with them in the snow. My Kelly Safari MSR's I had on my Dodge 1500 were the best tire i've ever seen. I could plow in 2WD most of the time with about 700 lbs in the rear.