1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by DuttonLandscape, Dec 1, 2007.

1. DuttonLandscape

DuttonLandscape Junior Member

I bought my jeep with Goodyear Wrangler 30x9.5R15LT, they look like they have good traction but some say their fine others say get skinny snow tires

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

its like cameras you can get a disposable for $10 or a Nikon you can get a snow tire you can get a mud tire you can get a hi-performance tire you cant get all in one. how much traction do you want how much ware are you willing to give up for the traction.

3. DuttonLandscape

DuttonLandscape Junior Member

so what does that mean are these tires no good for the snow. I plow with all season tires on my F350 and add weight over the rear axle with no problems. Does the jeep need better traction because it is so light.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Yes the jeep needs help because of its weight or lack there of. Your F350 is so heavy just about Any tire would do. How much plowing you going to do. if your going to make money at it go for the blizzak tires. If only your drive, a M+S tire would be OK.

5. real snowman

real snowman Junior Member

I run bf goodrich all terrains. Great in mud, on rock, slippery pavement and best of all great for pushing snow. I run a sno way plow. Look for pics this week. First day on the forum. Don't you just love winter.

6. BOMBER

BOMBER Member

[​IMG]

I've run these Pep-Boys brand tires for a year and have tried everything to get stuck and they just keep on rolling!

Stock OEM size was 27x8x15 the FUTURA'S are 30x9.5x15.

4cyl. 5 speed manual with a locked rear.

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I have a new set of BFG's ATR'S and these tires are great imo....Rob

8. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

what model blizzak do you have on your jeep? and what blizzak tires do you think are best? or at least pretty good, especially for driveway plowing like i'll be doing

9. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Check out the Green Diamond tire site, if you want traction, these may just do the trick for you.

10. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

ill go check it out right now man thanks....ur not a rep. for them are you?

11. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

12. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I use Continental 4X4 Ice contact tires P23575R15 on my YJ. They work really well in the snow/ice.

13. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

which blizzak tire would be good for my 06 wrangler? their site isnt working

14. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

15. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

No Rep Here!

Nope, I'm not a rep for them or for anyone else! Just a guy who took a shot and bought these tires in the hope of getting good traction. I plow my own place which has a really long driveway and sooner or later we get ice conditions here and I hope these tires will give me the traction I'm looking for while still giving a decent ride on the road. So far no complaints, I'm still waiting for snow, but I will say they seem to be very 'sticky' on the road when it's raining and during slushy conditions which we have had twice already. Hope this helps, and good luck in your search! :drinkup:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  16. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

I have been satified with my 31 X 10.5 BF Goodrich Rugged Trails. I plow 800+ feet of gravel driveway and the associated ditch area. My current vehicle is a 1971 CJ5 with a 225CID odd-fire V6, HEI ignition, Heddman headers, 390 Holley 4 barrell, FlowKooler high capacity waterpump, 100 amp Proform alternator, Optima battery, T14 3 speed transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, Dana 44 rear axle and a Dana 27 in front. More pictures can be seen at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2608975/1
    [​IMG]