1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tls22, Oct 25, 2007.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I have just put on 285's on my 2500hd GMC, with a load range of D. On the inside of the door GMC says ride with a load range of e. I tow a trailer with grass equipment and have a fisher snowplow on in the winter. Will i have a problem with this?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Next to the max psi rating on the side wall is the
    max load in lbs or K what is the number?

Some D's can carry as much as a lot of E's can.

I run D's on one truck and E's on the other.(both 2500
    it really depends on the MFG.

If you carried a lot of heavy loads the were close to your max weight for a long distance then maybe e's would be better.
    But you are towing you load so I don't see a problem with it.

I see you were wrong I did see this post again.
    I still think there is a better spot for it, lol

Relax it was a joke....

3. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

cooper mud&snows

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

If you change from a stock tire, you can no longer follow what the door label says. I'm almost sure that a 285D has the same rating as the stock 245E. To be sure, look on the new tire and see what the max load is at the given pressure. It should be somewhere around 3200lb at 65psi.

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

hey thanks guys, i feel alot better now. Yeah the weight limit on the tire is 3200, and on the old tire it was 2600 or somthing like that. So i should be alright. Thanks for all ur help everyone, i love how if im in a jam i can find my answer on here. Snofarmer sorry if i got a little upset, i was just having a bad day, my father thought the tires would give me problems and we got into a verbal fight over it.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

No prob:waving:
    a little history..
    The reason the pic threads came to be is everyone was posting pics (which is fine to do if it is on topic)
    It can slow things way down for dial up users.

There was a little discussion over it so now when a pic thread pops up with out pics we rib them a little.

Good to hear things worked out o.k.