1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevyplowboy, Mar 5, 2007.

1. chevyplowboy

chevyplowboy Junior Member

I have lt265/75R16 I want to put some new tires on my truck and i wanted to know a good tire for plowing/offroad. And some thoughts of the tires Thanks
  2. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i just got pro comp all terrains they are a good tire with a good warrenty
  3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

BF Goodrich All terrains are what I have and they are sweet.
  4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

there are a lot of tire threads on here that you can also check out
  5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I have BFG All Terrains and Cooper ATRS. Both are good for plowing and off roading. Had BFGs on one of my trucks for 5 years only bad thing about them is the price.
  6. NeoThoR

NeoThoR Junior Member
    from Indiana

You can't go wrong with the new GoodYear Wranglers with Silent Armor.

I love mine..
  7. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

How much off-roading do you do? mud or rocks? how much plowing? I have a set of dunlop at's and for plowing they work great. On my off road truck I have truxus mt's. They have an extremely aggressive tread and surprisingly ride pretty quiet on the highway. But for mud they are awesome. For my "family truck" (my 89 full-size blazer) I have 33 inch bfg all terrain. Not to good for mud but on the road and snow they work great.
  8. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I put BFG's A/T ko's on my Silverado last fall, and they are awesome.
    265/75R16 They were between $700-$800 installed at SAMs Club.
  9. SMPlower1

SMPlower1 Junior Member
    from Etters

x2 for the Goodyear S/A, excellent all year tire and they are wonderful in the snow.
  10. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I got 4 used bfg at's for $120 installed and balanced . you can't beat the price and they worked out great in the snow this year 265/75 16
  11. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

Hankook MT's

I just put 4 Hankook MT on. 35 x 12.5 - 18. They have been performing really well in mud/trail runs. The last 2 weekends, I've been out hauling wood for a friend of mine. They have a rep for good wear (we'll see) and they are e-rated for my towing needs.

12. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

I just ordered Pro Comp , 315/75/16 AT .. Shipped to door for 550.00

Look at Nebraska tire on eBay , There prices are amazing also consider tossing some 285 series on truck .
  13. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

I have three generation Chevy trucks (85, 96, 02), The 85, 96 have BFG A/T. These are great tires for everyday use and snow/Mud. I have had them on these 2 trucks for 4 and 6 yrs and they are holding up great. Im looking to put a set on my 02, really soon.

Does anyone know if 285/75 will fit on my stock height 02? I have 285/75/R16 on my 96 and love the extra height and smooth ride it gave that truck and would love to see the same tires (285/75/r16) on my 2002.
  14. ryan67

ryan67 Junior Member

i run Wild Country TXR's on both my pickups, 285/75/16, studded, mounted and balanced 600.00. I normally get three to four plow seasons a pair. best tire i ever bought.