1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dmlandcare, Feb 18, 2007.

1. dmlandcare

dmlandcare Junior Member

I am looking to get some new, bigger tires, now i have the oem 265 75 16s, i want to get 295 75 16 either Nitto terra grapplers or the bfg at's. But i know i have the oem wheels that are i believe 7" wide, now i know i can put these tires on these rims but its better if they are on an 8", so does anyone have this size on stock wheels or have you had problems and had to go to a wider after market rim. i think if i have any trouble it would be the rear end floating. Thanks for any input, jason
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think you'll have any problems running the bigger tires on a stock rim. I would personally with wider ones just for looks. I run 33x12.50 interco trexus mts. on a 16.5 x 9.75 rim during the summer. I still didn't like the stance of the truck so I had a set of 1.5" wheel spacers made. The truck is was lifted and the tires looked tucked in w/o the spacers. I have never had any problems with driving performance. I know that if you stick with an a/t tire they will last a long time. My tires are a m/t but they are made to look good and last with alot of street driving ( they are made of a hard compound ). I put 40,000+ on my last set. Make sure what ever tires you get they are the right load range for what you need.
  3. dmlandcare

dmlandcare Junior Member

Thanks, ya both those tires i am thinking of getting r load range d with an index at max psi similar to a load range E tire, i think roughly about 3500 lbs per tire.