1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 1941 9N Tom, Oct 12, 2006.

1. 1941 9N Tom

1941 9N Tom Junior Member

Hello to all, I just bought a 8' western for $600.00 not a bit of rust anywhere! I think it's a good buy! I'm going to put it on my 02 Chevy 2500HD with a 8.1 liter and 5 speed allision tranny. I need new tires for truck anyways and wanted to find out what most of you guy's use for plowing and highway, :help: THANK YOU VERY MUCH 1941 9N TOM

2. jbone

jbone Senior Member

do a search and youll find some good debates on the tires but like many have said thats like asking chevy or ford? I will probably end up going with Cooper disc. M+S or the ATR's they do great in the snow and theyre cheap. If you have the $ BFG AT's are nice too, also I hear Blizzaks are good although ive never tried them. And by the way you did get a hell of a deal, I thought mine was good: 7.5 western surface rust only needs very little work and paint for $500 (everything included). good luck

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Mastercraft and cooper are together they make an aggresive mud and snow tire

4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Nice truck!! I use Bridgestone Dueler Revo's. Make sure you get the 'Revo's' they are specifically for snow. They are awesome!!

5. 1941 9N Tom

1941 9N Tom Junior Member

First THANK ALL OF YOU'S, So a shopping I go for tires! I should have also said alot of times I have to drive anywhere from 150 to 300 miles at time on the highway, with out plowing! I also got both plow frames to cover from 1999 to 2002 and a second set of lights, still in the box,also both wiring harness's, plug in style. I just couldn't't pass it up! Have a great day all!

6. rush

rush Member

Where can i find a deal like that!!!!???

7. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Late Novemeber, around thanks giving I put on a pair of mud tires for better traction. Think they are goodyear MTR's...I can't remember. Darn things grip like crazy and with enough ballast in the back I can actually plow some areas in 2WD instead of four and make the turning a littel easier.

After winter is up I put the trailering tires back on the truck...new rims and all.

My mud tires do really well but tread wear isn't great...especially pulling a 4 and 6 ton trailer with the landscape business. They just wouldn't last. So I'm going on my 3rd season with the mud tires and no problems with wear cause truck only gets used in the bad weather and most of the mileage is on top of ice/snow.

8. Zippy

Zippy Junior Member

I am running the Goodyear Workhorses that came on my '87 GM 1 ton dually. I have run them on other smaller trucks in the past and they wear great.

Kevin

9. Whalerguy

Whalerguy Junior Member

If you can afford them Hakapalitas are about the softest grippiest snow tire you can buy. If not Cooper makes the best tire for the buck in my mind. I use the Cooper Wintermasters.

10. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have BF Goodrich Rugged Trail's on my Ram. They are awesome in the snow!!