1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by drunkencitywork, Mar 27, 2006.

1. drunkencitywork

drunkencitywork Junior Member
    from chicago

What kind of tires do you guys run when pushing? I have a line on BFG ATs and some MT baja radial claws. My first instinct is bfg at for street and snow and the claws for offroad only. All opinions welcome what are you running

2. 94halftonchevy

94halftonchevy Junior Member
    from se pa

i'm running gerneral all terains it's the same tread pattern as the bfg's but a lot less money. afterall your paying for the name.

3. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

I bought new tires last year. They are a set of Good Year "Forteras."
    http://www.goodyearfortera.com/tripletred/technology.html

I didn't have a plow last year so I don't know how they will be pushing snow but I do know they worked great driving this past winter through the FEW storms we did get up here in New England.

4. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

After much reading in this forum it seems a popular choice is the Bridgestone Blizzaks.

5. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I have BFG at's on my jeep.....had them long before I had the plow, but they worked pretty good this past winter. I don't do any serious plowing jsut our lot and some driveways but the only problem I had was when we got a super wet heavy snow and the pile just didn't want to move and I spun all 4....but even with a running start it tripped my blade so the snow was not easily plowable!!

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

There are many options. I have a few different setups. BFG A/Ts: great all around tire for light mud, gravel, and street use, but not that great in snow. Dunlops (forgot the model): decent tires for mud, but not great for snow and tons of road noise. Cooper Discoverer: there is no comparison. The best tires I have ever owned. Plowed with my 1/2 ton Chevy all winter and hardly spun once. They will grip in anything you can throw at them. Those are what I would get IMHO.:waving:

7. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

nittos

i love my nittos no road noise and i think they look better than the bfg

8. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

9. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

those do look pretty sweet. and I have to admit even though I am very happy with every set of BFG A/T's I have ever had on about 5 different vehicles....part of the reason I buy them is they look good. that nitto looks pretty good as well though. mabye next time I need some a/t's i will have to look into them.

10. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

nittos

they are alot cheaper 30 less than the bfg

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

mastercraft and cooper make good tires