1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires ????????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kamhillbilly, Jan 27, 2006.

1. What tires are you running ,I need a new set for my 90W250 cummins 8' boss.Looking to see what every one is using and how they like them.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Get a set of Cooper M&S tires. You won't be disappointed.
  3. Snow or not

Are you looking for a set of straight snow tires? If so, I would highly recomend the cooper discover m+s! If you are looking for a tire that you can run year round. Take a look at Nokiantires.com..........The Vativa is one of the best year round tires out. They are made in finland and have sand in the rubber for optimal snow tracttion
  4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

i have used dedicated snow tires, all terrains and the such but by far the best i have had are mud tires. have two trucks with wildcat ext's studded. and a set of cooper m-s's, and on mine have Toyo open country m\t's that i have studded. these toyos have never clogged up provide great traction on snow\gravel and the road. and with the studs their great on ice too.
  5. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

BFG All Terrians, had 3 sets them on 2 trucks, awsome
  6. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I run 235/85/16 BFG commercial traction t/a and they work very well
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

you opened a can of worms my friend!

I run Toyo Open Country's for summer tires- fantastic snows tho- plowing with them this season. not studded- don't benifit from studs too much in New England. I have plowed with them before also. they ARE snow rated all seasons - if you buy all season's make sure they are snow rated.

I also have dedicated snows. Depends on the tread depth of the summers if I switch.
    Goodyear workhorse xtragrip is the #1 snow plower tire in my area- they're fantastic. Snow only- burn up in no time in summer months. (make sure you get the xtragrip not the standard workhorse)

BFG Commercial T/Z Traction are good brand new (have the currently on winter rims) and rapidly loose traction as they wear. Half worn they are terrible.
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

On my plow truck I have Cooper M/S and love them. They are the best. I also have B.F. Goodrich A/Ts which are great in mud on my beater!
  10. remtech1

remtech1 Junior Member

B.f. Goodrich A/t Are By Far The Best All Around Tire I Have Ever Run. There May Be Better Winter Only Tires W/ Studs, But For All Purpose They Have Great Traction ,don't Clog Up Much And Create Little Road Hum Or Vibration. I Had Mud Tires On A 4x4 Play Truck And They Gripped Great But Made Alot Of Noise On The Pavement So Get A Loud Radio If You Go W/ Mudders.

RODHALL Senior Member

I run Cooper M&S tires and refuse to put anything else on my trucks. last set had 85K miles on them.
  12. I was looking at the Cooper M&s yesterday ,I have also seen Nokian tires before father in law has them in Finland.I havent had good luck with BFG,I had a set of yokohama 742 liked them but they dont make them any more.Looks like Cooper is the way to go how do they handle a load? As I usually carry 150Gallons of fuel + tools etc for equipment.
    Thanks for all your input:salute:
  13. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

I run studded Cooper Discoverer M&S for winter use only. I feel that they handle a load quite well, I have a salter in the back of my truck and have put in over 2,000 lbs in with very little flex in the sidewalls. Also been using them for 3 winters (1st year with the salter) now and still plenty of tread left.
  14. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Getting cooper S/T on my truck
  15. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

Looking at all the posts, i noticed one tire that i think is awesome left out, Bridgestone Dueler A/T revo. Wicked snow tire, not at all noisy, You will pay a little more for them but well worth it, it transformed our old crap plow truck to one helluva snow pusher, its hard to lose the back end as well, grip really good. Check out tirerack.com for info and comparisons on different brands and what not, they are very useful.
  16. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

the new cooper st snow tires, now we just need some snow!
  17. RJ snow

RJ snow Member

BFG Commercial Traction run great and wear great but are a bit on the noisey side. Had mine for two winters now and they wear like iron and have excellent traction hence the name. They also come with stud holes just in case you want to stud them. The key to the BFG Comm's is watch you air pressure make sure they have enough pressure to make a nice flat even foot print.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  18. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

looks like those will colg easily!!

Get urslef a real set of tires pro comp x terrain even has the tread in the sidewall fully siped best tire in mud snow and slush. But a great all around tire is the michelin ltx m&s
  19. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Deleted reply.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  20. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

What are you kidding me those are snow tires.People on this site should think before they just start bashing what other people are doing.I did do research before I put those tires on.This site is really losing its professionals and gaining alot of ham n egger know it alls.Didn't your mother ever teach you if you don't know what your talking about to just KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.I had the michelins on the truck from the factory they were like banana peals