1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping, Jan 18, 2005.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

was wondering if anyone has had experience or know if the super swamper mud terrain tires do good plowing or are good in the snow at all havent bought any yet but was kinda looking into buying set maybe.

2. Ian

Ian Member

Would strongly recommend against any type of mud terrain tire. They may not look the best but tall skinny tires in an all terrain tread would be much better.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  3. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

have a link to see what they look like?

4. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I had a set of 9x34x16 superswampers on my Ramcharger for a year or so. They were ok in the snow, but I would recommend a tall skinny all terrain tire also. I also had some 35x15.50x16 radials on the same truck and the radials were much better even though they were much wider.

5. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

a mud terrain tire is no good for snow. look at a firestone steeltex e- load. tall and skinny works the best. smaller footprint= more traction.

6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

them super swampers are a great mud tire but i wouldn't use them for the winter.

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have been running a set of Interco Super swamper TRUXUS tires for 3 seasons. They are a great plowing tire, best I have used. 235/85/16 10 ply.

8. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

I agree 100% on the tall and skinny.. but with only 5k on my new truck, im ready to turn my steeltex into a small tire fire.. Living with a gravel driveway off a dirt road off a dirt road (ok you get the idea) I have found that they are no good when the snow hits..

9. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

have only used mine on pavement and snow. rotated every 8k they went 40k for me. had a goodyear workhorse on my dodge i think they offer that in an
    e-load. that saw more gravel and also worked for me, good price also. hoping for snow!! :cool:

10. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

tirerack.com has a rating system for tires in all different catagories like snow, mud, wet, cornering, wear, road noise, ect. Helpful in choosing tires.
    Josh