1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kc8mxa, Feb 1, 2004.

1. kc8mxa

kc8mxa Junior Member

which tires work the best for plowing snow?
    I need new ones so i thought i would ask

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

I like BFG all terrain's. To me they have good traction and wear pretty good. I had a set on my 99 superduty and am waiting for my current set of rugged trails on my 04 superduty to wear down. Then I will get a set of all terrains.:D :D

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I like BFG's too. Trail T/A's on my truck.

4. mpflood

mpflood Member

mee too

i like the bf's too, 5 or 6 sets.
    But i just picked up some Hercules "terra tracks" 90 a piece
    Just as nice

5. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

Hey ,yeha i jsut picked up a set of bf long trail t/a 265/70r16 biggest set of tires that can go on my 96 ram

6. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

BFG's for me too. Night and day difference between the stock f-stones

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Search the for the "Tire Size" thread. There is a lot of info on tires that people use. Check the spare too. Mine had the rim rust so bad it would not hold air anymore.

8. jmacfarland

jmacfarland Junior Member

Set of BFGoodrich for sale

I agree with you guys. You can't beat them for on/off road performance. I lifted my truck and am trying to sell my 265/75/16 BFGoodrich rugged terrains, so I can replace them with the same tire just a couple sizes larger. They have no cuts, scrapes and all the sidewall writing is as white as ever. They have 7000 miles on them and a warranty to 50K. $275.00 takes, let me know.

9. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I'm happy with my Wild Country TXRs. About half to cost of BF Goodrich...Chuck

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I have Goodyearv Wrangler RTS on my truck. They give me all year, all weather good performance. I hear from everyone BFG is best but I'm happy with my Goodyears and plan to stick with them!

11. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I Have BFG AT's as well...Great for traction...but kind of annoying to me because they leave little frozen trails of snow out of the tread everywhere. I'm thinking about Cooper Discoverer's for my next tires..what do you guys things?

12. ptllandscapeIL

i was not happy with cooper at all i had the discovery's on my truck,and i thought the tread was wearing way 2 fast and i didn't like the way they handled,my bfs have a special tread design to control turns and I'm loving it

13. kc8mxa

kc8mxa Junior Member

thanks for the help!!!

14. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

We all love to help. That's what is so great about this place!

15. celltech

celltech Junior Member

KC8MXA,
    Nice to see a call sign on here. I have been puring over posts lately and have not seen any. Best of luck to you. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TIRES:p :) .

Mike
    KC8WWX

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

cooper st tires

17. blam133

blam133 Junior Member

Got a 96' Dodge Ram 1500. Had LT285/75/15 Kelly Safaris on it when I bought it used, they were ok but to big and wide. Just put LT265/75/15 Bridgestone Dueler AT'S on and love them , great traction dry/rain/snow. The Dueler REVO AT'S are supposed to be even better.

18. ptllandscapeIL

jmac you still selling the tires pm me wiht all the info

19. ptllandscapeIL

i have the same thing i dunno what people were rtthink i had a 96 ram also anf they had 285/70r16 on then and they were way 2 wide i couldnt even turn all the way

20. BFG KO A/T's get my nod ;)