1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kemmer, Dec 14, 2003.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey, do you guys uses different tires when plowing, do you change them back when your not plowing?

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  3. BigYotaLuvr

BigYotaLuvr Junior Member

Tires to go

:redbounce

I have Bridgestone Deuler Revos in 265/75/16R and they are the best tire I have ever owned on any of my five 4x4s. They are real aggressive appearing, quiet at 65 mph, handle like sport tires and come with a 50,000 mile tread wear warranty! They are competitively priced too! :D I got them from TireRack.com

4. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

I can safely say the best tires for plowing are pro comp x terrains i use them on my dodge and i have never had a traction problem, they are a slightly agressive tread with little road noise i reccomened these to anybody

5. BigYotaLuvr

Clarification

Just a follow on to my previous post. I chose the Bridgestone Deuler Revos because I didn't want to have to change tires! :rolleyes:

If you've got nothing else to do with your time and money, roll out that air gun and blast away:gunsfiring:

6. DJL

DJL Senior Member

My opinion, you need different/snow tires if your situation (i.e. location, snowfall conditions, hilly, flat, etc..) warrents it. Me, I had to get snow tires (i actually went with mud tires) because I had trouble doing the two residentials that were on windy, steep driveways. I bought my tires online and got a really good price for plain steel rims which they mounted, balanced, and shipped within a week. Put them on the truck myself to save money. Now I have a set of winter tires and a set of trailering tires for the spring summer and fall

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Nope i use dunlop rv rovers excellent in the snow and mud

8. BigYotaLuvr

What If??

DJL and others,

I hear what you are saying about two sets of tires but what if you want to spur of the moment offroad in the summer?
    What if you have a slimey boat launch in July? (I know it's sacrilege on this site but I'll take boating over plowing anyday) What if your aggressive treads are quiet, handlle well and wear exceptionally....

My point is that the REVOS will do an excellent job in both applications so why hassle yourself, spend more moneyand time?:rolleyes:. Every once in a while there is a real advance even in tires. Read the Tirerack tests and reviews for yourselves. A 9.6 overall is as good as it gets. Buy the best and the rest will improve. Last but not least, its a free country (at least for now) so have at it with whatever makes your heart go pitter pat and I'll have my J hook in the back to yank your summer shod rig out of the whatever:waving:

9. MSC

MSC Member

I put a set of Cooper Discoverer ST's on my truck.
    I honestly have to say, they are great!
    Mud, snow, rain, Best all around tire I have ever put on a vehicle.
    The truck; 97 Dodge 2500 longbed xcab, 8' Pathfinder.
    The tires, LT265/75/16 10 ply Cooper Discoverer ST
    Worth every penny

Rich

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

BF Goodwrich All Terains year round.