1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sartorikid, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Sartorikid

Sartorikid Junior Member

Looking to put a new set of tires on my 2008 f 350. Any suggestions would help. Nothing to aggressive.
  2. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Heard great things about the goodyear duratrac.
  3. porter1121

porter1121 Junior Member

I love my goodyear duratracs. Awesome traction and they have lasted me 2X longer than my general grabber at2 did.
  4. stoneexc2

stoneexc2 Member

I love my Duratracs on my second set. the first set got 32000 on them and could have gone longer but needed better traction for snow
  5. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

duratracs are ok. i have a few customers running them. I own a shop and am in the middle of gravel road tire he11. sharp limestone rock that eats tires alive.

so far, for mildly aggressive tires like duratracs I've found yokohama geolander a/t's to be #1 on durability and long life and number two is the cooper discoverer a/t3 tires. both do great in the snow. great off road, and wear like iron on gravel roads. and street noise isnt noticable. neither is gas mileage.

i put 50k on the yokohamas on a 2000 chevy 3/4 ton and they still had some life left when i sold the truck. now on my 04 dodge diesel i have 35k on the cooper at3 tires they are looking good. i sell a lot of both.
  6. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

X2 on the Cooper AT3's. Had a set on my wife's Hummer and were great in the snow and mud. Quiet and not too aggressive. I have Goodyear Silent Armor's on my plow truck and couldn't be happier. Like driving on dry pavement even in the worst snow storms.
  7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Transforce AT have been very nice, good balance of price and wear
  8. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i run the transforce at also never had a problem
  9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Michelin ATX2's I have three sets of them and love them.
  10. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

duratracs get ripped to shreads by gravel....well at least if you drive like i do.
  11. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

i like to pretend i am a rallly car driver....except i drive a ec/lb tank that weighs about 2 times maybe 3 as much.
  12. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

We run them on our 3/4 tons @ work in a 245/75R16 E. I dont have anything good to say about their rain and snow performance, nor do any of our drivers. They do ride nice, tow stable, and wear like iron. I used to love the old Steeltex AT that the Transforce AT replaced. I was P!ssed:mad: when Firestone quit making it.
  13. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I put a set of hankook dynapro atm's on last winter. They have been good to me so far. Way better then the goodyears that I had before
  14. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

another + for the cooper AT3
  15. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Meant to type LTX AT2's
  16. espyj

espyj Member

I had a set of Michelin LTX AT2 on my 3/4 ton GMC for 4 years. They wore very well, got over 50k miles out of them. Incredibly quiet on the highway, great ride, but I was not impressed with winter traction. Just swapped them out this fall for General Grabber AT2s. Definitely louder on the highway, although not obnoxious. Too early to see how they handle the snow.
  17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like Good Year Wrangler Duratracs. But, if they are to aggressive then I would go with Firestone Transforce.
  18. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

The grabbed at2 is awesome little louder but they will go through some snow been using them for two years know
  19. Sartorikid

Sartorikid Junior Member

Has any one tried the toyo's Open Country
  20. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

I was wondering the same thing. That new open country AT2 tread looks similar to the Cooper AT3 to me. Lots of siping.Thumbs Up