1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 06dmax, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 06dmax

06dmax Member

what's every one running for tires? It's almost time for some new ones and was wondering what tires do the best for plowing and prices
  2. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Lots of Opinions here on this, personally i run Cooper Discovery M/S in 265 size for my ECSB, they have a lot of siping and can be studded. The only downside i have with them is low tire life being a very soft tire, but i also have a heavy right foot with a tuner so that may not help either.
  3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

yoklahoma geolander ats in 285 75 16's best bang for the buck and are on the cheaper side and wont hurt the wallet to bad
  4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I say this EVERY TIME there is ANOTHER TIRE THREAD started ROUND ONE'S and what ever fits your budget. :dizzy:
  5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor is pretty much the best tire out there for snow and wet roads. We run them on all our plow trucks and they are much better than the popular BFG A/T KO. The Goodyear DuraTrac is also a great tire with the same specs, but with more off-road traction. I run that on my personal truck.
  6. 06dmax

06dmax Member

I was looking at the duratrac's and the geolanders people say the geolanders wear fast though