1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by duckboy391@hotm, Nov 30, 2010.

1. duckboy391@hotm

duckboy391@hotm Junior Member

hey guys i just get a new plow and i need to get some tires and wanted to c what every one is running i am goin to get the 265 75 i was thinking the extreme AT from pro comp or the extreme MT but its my first plow and i no thing about what would b a good tire for plowing the tires r on a 02 chevy d max 2500 hd
  2. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

These are Cooper STT's on my 03 2500HD....most agressive tread you'll find......plowed once this season with them already......best tire I've ever run

Tony Rigatoni 058.JPG
  3. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I've got a set of the older version of the Cooper STT's, the SST's on my bronco and those thing's were kick ass in snow even for mudders which is kind of odd.

Currently I've been running Cooper Disco ATR's on both my plow trucks and they grip well enough that I can back up hills in 2wd with the plow on, no issues. I get about 40-50k miles out of those.
  4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

This topic has been kicked around and around. It seems like everybody has thier own opinion on what works good. My vote is some sort of BFG. I have had the AT's and the Mud KM2's. I liked them both. Snow is slick. No tire is going to be great.
  5. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Mastercraft coursers a/t2 seem to great really good traction went on a little loose dirt and i must even tho it was for fun but the tires really gripped right threw it so far so good just cant wait untill it snows here !!!
  6. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I have found that mud tires are not always the best. I have ran the Hankook Dynopro's and my one truck still has Cooper Discovery S/T's on it and Both sets were great for mud and snow. But, for 3yrs now i have been running the Cooper discovery M/S's on my ECSB and those tries are awesome for winter traction and are the best i have ever ran. Down side is short life span and are only ok in the mud.