1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires, Tires, Tires,

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by glockg23, Jan 21, 2008.

1. glockg23

glockg23 Member

This year I went with Cooper Discoverer ATR
    they have ok to good snow traction and not a lot of highway noise

I hate highway noise

What kind of shoes do you have your plow truck?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Cooper Discoverer M+S w/studs 265R17
  3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Cooper discoverer LT 8 ply 265/16's
  4. torquet

torquet Junior Member

285/70/17 BFG A/T's
  5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have these on my truck 10 ply. but i dont think there that great. dont have very good traction. but thats my opinion.
  6. toyman

toyman Senior Member

265/75/16 BFG all terrain KO's, they were on the truck when I bought it. They are wearing ok. I want to replace them with Goodyear silent armour tires when the time comes. I know a couple guys that plow with the wranglers and love them, real good traction.

7. NCass31

NCass31 Member

286/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders.... pretty aggressive look and lots of highway noise. I love highway noise.
  8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i had goodyear silent armors on my 2001 they have a 10 star rating for snow traction and a 50,000 mile warranty. They are quiet and good traction all aroundwesport
  9. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

BF Goodrich A/T KO's. Great tire so far on my F-350 pickup.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

NITTO Terra Grapplers!
  11. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

I used Wild Country Radial TXR until a few years ago, when I went to a BFG A/T tire. Didn't like that tire and now back to the Wild Countrys. They have a M/T tread and not a bad price. The current ones are studded, but don't notice a difference with the studs.
  12. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

305/70/17 buckshot maxxis mudder A lot of highway noise, unstoppable in mud & snow!!!
  13. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Cooper Discoverers STT on my truck (mud terrain copy) which I absolutly love and all my other trucks are sporting Cooper Discoverer ATR, such a great all around tire.
  14. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I had the stock 265/70/17 Continental amer trac or something they sucked. Last year went to
    33/12.5/17 Procomp all terrians. Those went good but a little small. So now i am running Mickey Thompson MTZ's 35/12.5/17. They are surprisely awesome in the snow.
  15. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Bridgestone Dueler Revo AT

Awesome tire. Treadwear is horrible. But I would probably still buy them again, if they have the $100 rebate on 4.

16. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Good ole Definity Mud Terrain 285/75/16's.... A quarter of the price, for just as much traction.... even if they last 2 years.. that'll do.. :cool:
  17. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Dunlop Radial Rover R/T. The best snow and all around tire ive ever driven on! Without exageration i can plow 95% of my route in 2 wheel drive. These tires are diesel! And they are not loud at all on the dry roads. Only time i can hear a little hum is when i got the plow on and 700lbs in the bed. I looked for about a month for the best tires to buy, after reading tons of reviews i picked these.

They got a 9.2 snow rating, 8.9 dry traction, 8.2 wet traction, 8.2 steering response, 7.5 noise comfort and a 8.3 for treadwear (which is damn good for even an all season).

My girlfriends father got a set of those Cooper ATRs 2 seasons ago and they were great for the first season, but this year they are totally worthless, even in 4wheel he cant make it up slight slopes while pushing....that my truck can do in 2wheel with these Dunlops.

18. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

General Grabber at2 265 75 16e They look just like BF Goodrich AT But it took many (3)times to get them balanced. they have all kinds of traction
  19. glockg23

glockg23 Member

dont have very good traction? man you are funny

thats like me saying "ok to good snow traction", or something
    j/k bud, long day

did i mention that Sioux City Iowa has 7 inches of powder on the ground and 3 more coming tonight

post pics in new thread
  20. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

I run Dean Wildcat All Terrain. They are made by cooper and look exactally like the Discover ATR in the first post.

I bought them cause they were cheap 265/75/r16 for $100ea mounted and balanced. So far I have put 15,000mi on them and they still look new.

I would rate them as average to good in the snow but IMO they have excellent wet road traction.

The best tires I have ever plowed with was on an old beater truck that had BF goodrich all terrains. They are exceptional in the snow but not as good in the rain,