1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires rubbing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sully853, Oct 23, 2010.

1. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

Just put a 7.5 fisher plow ony my 06 GMC 2500HD and i have 285's on the truck in certain situations the tires are rubbing against the bumper or plastic lineing in wheel well. Will a set of timbrens fix this issue? if not what will? leveling kit?

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I have the same set-up and truck...run 285's also. I have the leveling kit....your going to have to deal with a bit of rubbing...i cut back some of the plastic with a hack saw...it improved it.

3. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

ya i trimed the plasic also still rubs sometimes, I just put the plow on yesterday so havnt moved any snow with it yet but how do you like the set up?

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah the only time i rub is on a sharp turn during plowing.....other then that, nothing at all. I love the set-up....Have plowed with it for 4 years....went through a winter of a life time last year......had no problems.....

5. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

what leveling kit do you have and was it hard to install? been interested in getting one to help the stance of my truck but even moreso now to stop some of the rubbing while plowing

6. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Did U tighten up the torsion bars???

7. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

With 285's your gunna rub a bit unless you use a leveling/2" kit. Turn the torsion bars up a bit and trim the liners. I am willing to bet that its more the drivers side front when right turning and the drivers rear when left turning. The fronts only get helped by trimming, the rear part may be helped by removing it and tieing up the e-brake cable a little. It pops out the liner quite a bit and causes the tires to rub. The stock 245 tires were always ok because they are so much smaller.