1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires Rub ON My F-250 W/810

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Kason & Riley, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

My tires rub bad granted I have 305/70/17 MT/R. But they did not rub at all before 810 was installed. The tires are rubbing on the mount on the inside fender wall. I do not want to take the tires off, just got them a little over a month ago. Any ideas on what to do?

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Take the 810 off and trade me for my western 8' ultra mount.
    that should lighten it up enough.
    I'll even deliver. :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
  3. Kason & Riley

Sorry just sold one. To buy the 810 tire rubber.lol
  4. stumper1620

LOL, thats what I want to do. I just got a info. pack from Blizzard today. that got me wanting to switch, I would love to get one of them. I bet I could cut my per job time in half.
  5. Kason & Riley

I hope it will save some time. See if your dealer will take in your western in on a trade.
  6. stumper1620

I was thinking of checking on that. or see what i could get out of it on E-bay.
  7. Kason & Riley

Good luck with that. :)
  8. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I know you like the larger Rubber, but would it not make sence to go with a smaller tire set for the Winter thatwon't rub and then enjoy the larger tires in the Summer? :rolleyes:
  9. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

not to sound like a smart a$$ but, i think you already know you either need smaller tires (which work better anyways) or lift/strengthen the front end..
  10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I have an 00 K2500 with timbens. I run 295/75R16 nitto's they rubbed when I put my 810 on. Like you I just bought them a month ago so there is no way I am buying newer smaller tires. So I ended up cutting a little out of my fenders and front bumber. If you do it right you most people would never know.
  11. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

What mount is it rubbing on? You might be able to put a spacre behind the tire.
  12. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you need a lift kit, or smaller tires.
    I think runnin the 810 will make you more money then the tires will. Just remember to maintain that 12.5 " to the center of the alignment pins if you make a tire or suspension change.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  13. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

What year and engine is in your 250?
    I have a 2000 350 PSD with "X" code springs and it had 305's when I bought it, and it has plenty of clearance, but I am also only running a 8' Western. Maybe a set of "X" code 350 springs would help you, but that depends on what year your truck is and your current springs. DO NOT space the wheels out farther, this will only exaggerate the stresses on your wheel bearings, etc. and cause things to wear out faster. The easiest solution is to run a smaller set of tires for winter, besides 305/70's are rather wide for plowing IMO, but they do look good.
  14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, theres not much else you can do.
  15. Kason & Riley

It is hitting the new plow mount. The plow mount comes in on angle and attaches to the frame, close to my springs. I put the tires on for the snow. When I say rubbing thats not totally correct its taking chucks of rubber out of the tires. Do I put a stop payment on the check until we get this resolved?
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  16. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

Are they rubbing only when the wheels are turned to full-lock? If so, you may be able to limit the steering travel. I am not farmiliar with the axle on a 2005 Superduty, so I don't know if it has steering-stops on the knuckles. If it does, you may be able to space them out a little. Obviously, you'd add to the turning radius of the truck doing this, but it's better than chunking tires.
  17. Kason & Riley

Thanks I'll check that out.
  18. Kason & Riley

They put the wrong mount on my truck. Their going to put the new mount on soon.

Thank you guy's for your time.
  19. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I hope thay are going to replace the tire too.
  20. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Take a photo of the issue, I would like to see what you are describing. I have a customer with the same issue on his 05'.