1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires & Rims for 95 Ram 1500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ALEX516, Jul 28, 2003.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Hi everyone, I have a ram 1500, 5.9 v8, 8ft bed, reg. cab and the guy who owned it before me put custom rims and tires on it...

Nothing outrageously fance or large but wider a bit, I want to pick up stock rims and tires for the truck for the winter time...

Anyone know of a good source to buy original factory style rims and maybe tires already on them, like from someone upgrading tires and rims???

What measurements and specs do I need to search for to locate stock rims??

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

My nextel D/C ID is 172*41*1956, feel free to Nextel me, I'm in Nassau County, New York.
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Tire shops,van outfitters,truck upfitters,etc would be a good source to check.

Be careful when buying used Dodge rims.They were really thin,and had a tendancy to bend,or go out of round very easily.It is impossible to see by eye.You need a wheel balancer to spot it.Before you buy,have them checked to make sure they are true.

Size should be 16 x 7 , 5 on 5.5" bolt circle with 1/2" studs.

Backspacing is 5" , and offset is 6.5 ".
  3. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

ok, Thanks for the reply Chirs, I will check with two local places I know of in my area.

I want to change over for the winter months, I was told, but have seen varying opinions on how wide tires will be horrible in the snow.

Anyone know if there's a certain size you'd want to cap at for snow maneuverability?

Should I absolutely change over for the winter (snow months) if I plan on plowing?

Sorry for all the questions.
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

What do you have on there now ? Size wise ?

Depending on what size and type of tires your running now,they may survive in the snow,but I have my doubts for plowing.

I'd get a set of steelies,and mount some snows for the winter.Cooper M&S would be my choice.Cheap,and unbeatable in the snow.Tall and skinny is the way to go in the snow.P235/85R16 would work well.
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Here's a pic of the Cooper Discoverer M&S Snow tire.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Another shot on my Dodge.These thinhgs stick like glue on snow and ice.

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut PlowSite Veteran

Alex 516- I have a set of steel rims with some bald tires on them that I will give you. If you plan on being anywhere in the area soon let me know. This offer is for anyone as I no longer have a Dodge and I want to get rid of the rims and tires.
  8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut PlowSite Veteran

BTW I'm in Richmond, Virginia
  9. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

Ram wheels

I have Stock wheels off a 98 ram 4x4 for sale if you want them? they're yours for 250.00 with tires