1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires plan B

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, Sep 25, 2003.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I was going to go with Cooper Discoverer A/T, since everyone raves about them. Until I was informed that Cooper is OUT OF STOCK and doesn't have a new make date set.:realmad: So now plan B, what other tire should I consider, the size I need is 265/75R16 Load range E. I do alot of driving so I want something that will wear well and provide superior traction in wet weather.
  2. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Anyone have any experience with Mastercraft Courser A/T tires? It's also made by Cooper and has the same tread design as the Discoverer?
  3. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Goodyear Workhorse Extra Traction.
    They have an extra nylon belt under the tread that makes them tougher and less prone to punctures and rusted off belts when they get a few years old.
    I have had them for 2 years, I had them siped when they were new, They have outstanding traction in snow and ice.
    I have dedicated winter tires so I don't know how they holdup in the summer, At ten thousand miles there is very little wear. Hyperpack
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Ken, I am sure there is a set sitting at a supplier somewhere not that far off. IT might take some searching, but you should be able to find them.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

While on the subject of how certain tires perform on snow/ice, has anyone had any experience with Dayton Timberline A/T's? I know they are made by Bridgestone/Firestone, but I wasn't sure if they'd had a soft enough tread compound.
    I found a set of 285/75-16D for $100, thought it was a great deal, but if they aren't any good in snow, its not that great of a deal.
  6. Santo

Santo Banned

7. duke

duke Junior Member

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo E rated. I WAS a diehard BF fan until I put a set of these on... I'll never go back!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Rippem

Rippem Junior Member

I second the motion on the Revos! ;) I have a set of 265 D's...best damn on/off road tire I've ever owned! Very true running high tech tire with great traction. :)